PDA

View Full Version : Gah! QQ Again!

VarlosZ
03-31-2004, 01:32 AM
A link to my previous QQ debacle. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=603174&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1)

This time, we'd just come back from break, and it was the first hand of level 5 (50/100) of a $50+$5 NLHE Party Multi. I have 1600 and change in chips (average is 2000). I'm feeling confident, because I'm playing a patient, solid game, and really paying attention -- I've got notes on almost everyone at the table.

First hand back, I'm dealt QQ in middle position. Two limpers to me, I make it 425. Guy two seats to my left (one of only two at the table I have no read on as he just got moved) thinks for a few seconds and pushes in for 35 fewer chips than I have. Folds around to me.

All tournament long, I've been watching maniacs throw their chips around, reraising all-in w/ nothing against opponents who could not possibly have shown more strength. I'm thinking AA and KK are certainly possible, but AK is more likely (which I could live with given my odds, at this point), AQ is not out of the question, JJ is very possible, and he might just be very aggressive and decide to bluff what he figures for two high cards with 88.

So I call. He has KK, the board is no help, and I'm down to 35 in chips (I double up next hand w/ A6o, then two hands later I have QQ again, and ATo spikes an A on the river to knock me out, which I was absolutely certain was going to happen anyway.)

I know many of you would have gotten away from this hand, but I have to think that the majority would call in this spot. Is this really a bad play by me?

Thanks in advance.

VarlosZ
04-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I'll give this one <bump>.

Just a simple poll: call or fold?

Thanks.

over_c
04-01-2004, 11:15 PM
I would go all-in there, but then I only play $5 and $10 tourneys. The quality of play at a $50 tourney might be high enough to change that.

banditbdl
04-01-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure where these magical men are who you think will be folding their QQ here in a 50+5 PP multi-table, but I'm certainly not one of them. It'd take a hell of a read over the internet to be able to put your opponent on one of the two hands that beats you here.

Tosh
04-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Maybe if you both had 10k chips you can think about mucking this but as it is I think you have to call unlesss you have 1 hell of a read.

VarlosZ
04-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Ok, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure that being too loose w/ PPs wasn't some horrible leak in my game.

Thanks again.

Ian J
04-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Call, in a heartbeat. Main reason being the depth of your stack (or lack thereof) in relation to the blinds.

sabre170
04-02-2004, 04:13 PM
I'd have called.

cferejohn
04-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Easy call. I have yet to see a situation online where I wouldn't put all my chips in with QQ headsup preflop.