PDA

View Full Version : Getting away from JJ

joker122
03-30-2004, 06:48 PM
I used to call down here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) raises, UTG+1 calls, Hero 3-bets, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG caps, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

River: (13.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results soon, comments?

PokerBob
03-30-2004, 07:18 PM
I call this down, but partly because I would be DYING to know what this guy has. (He may be "advertising" as a maniac to ensure action later.) How else can you explain posting UTG?? The aggressor seems to be the UTG player, who clearly is advertising or an idiot if he posted UTG. IMO he could have ANYTHING, and your JJ is much better than a random hand. I put UTG +1 on a middle pair.

sthief09
03-30-2004, 07:56 PM
you gave up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early. I'd cap this flop, and if I get bet into, I'll call it down. How can one raise make you think that you're behind with JJ on a board of 842? I don't understand this at all.

Trix
03-30-2004, 08:03 PM
This board is very uncordinated, so this is like an auto 3bet for me on the flop. If he caps, then I call down or raise the turn and fold to a 3bet if I have a good enough read to do so.
I think this will be AQ,AJ,KQ,TT-99 often enough to atleast call it down.

Yeknom58
03-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Yea I'm with the rest of the group here and say you made a pretty bad fold. Also on the flop I would have 3-bet.

joker122
03-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Wow, when I made this fold I was almost sure it was the right decision. I thought the fact that he capped preflop was an obvious indicator of a big pair (QQ,KK, or AA). I also don't see why he would have check-raised me with just overcards. When he bet into me on the turn I really couldn't think of a plausible hand he held that I could beat. Could you?

UTG+2 coldcalled all the way with KQ. UTG turned over AA and took the pot.

sthief09
03-30-2004, 10:01 PM
there are two things you are missing.
1. the guy just posted UTG. do you understand how dumb you have to be to post UTG?
2. assuming this guy plays AK the same exact way here, there are 16 ways for him to have AK, 6 ways for TT and 18 ways for him to have AA, KK, QQ. if this is the case you are ahead 22/40 times, or 55%.

MRBAA
03-30-2004, 11:40 PM
At party, you often get seated utg (cause a player in ep has left) and the software asks if you want to post -- it's easy to just click yes by mistake. I've seen it happen numerous times and done it once myself.

With no read on the player, I'd have to call down given the raggy board.

Raven
03-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Its just a personnal thinking but in these low limit games at party the players are usually loose passive.

They dont raise or reraise very often. The aggression shown by this player scream a big pair at these limits (or AK but they will not raise it on this flop). In my limited experience, I have lost almost always in the situation described in this post.

I suppose its different in the higher limits.

sorry if I have make some writing error, Im from Quebec and usually use french /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Diplomatdcm
03-31-2004, 01:09 AM
I realize he turned over AA this time but I hate this laydown, I would call down 100% of the time and expect to be good 80% of the time.