PDA

View Full Version : All in with A 3 suited at the NEPC 340 Limit HE event

Bubbagump
03-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Played a solid game all day, I never really got a hand I could double up with but was able to continually build my chips. From mid-afternoon on I go card dead and am able to survive to the dinner break by making a few well timed steals. Just after the dinner break, we are down to roughly 100 players with 27 places paid. Now the blinds are $300-$600 with $100 ante. I have T4500 and get dealt A3 suited UG. I haven't seen a decent hand in a while and while I don't particularly like this hand, I decide it's time to double up or get up as it is costing me T2000 a round. I know the big blind is a solid player whom I have played with before (in tournaments and ring games). He has roughly T7000 and I figure he is not going to risk over half his stack with anything but a premium hand. As far as the rest of the field goes, it has been a pretty tight table with very few flops being seen since we resumed play.

I move all-in with the A3 suited and get called by the cut-off who shows pocket 10's, I don't catch an Ace and I'm out. Should I have risked bleeding away more chips in the hope of getting a stronger hand to go all-in with? Or did I make the correct play?

Comments please.....

Thanks,

Bubbagump

ohkanada
03-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Since it is just after the dinner break, it sounds like the round has just started and is not about to end. With a full table I would muck A3s UTG. Too good a chance someone will find a hand that gives you 3 outs maximum. With 8xBB and antes I wouldn't want to go through the blinds again. Look to make your move soon but hopefully with a few less players to act after you.

Ken Poklitar