PDA

View Full Version : how many bets did i miss?

schwza
03-30-2004, 04:51 PM
game is loose/passive like a good party game. i have a note for the cutoff - "loose call on river".

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I've only recently started playing KQo - is this a hand that should be raised here?

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

I only call the raise here, hoping to trap the button with a c/r on the turn.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

the CO doesn't bet, but the button does. here i come up with my second brilliant scheme of the hand and decide to call and then lead the river. my thinking was that cutoff (who is supposed to be loose) will call both bets this way, and i might even get lucky and the river would be raised by the button, further trapping the cutoff.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

a blank hits, i bet, all fold, and i kick myself for not charging worse hands when i had the chance /images/graemlins/frown.gif

comments on all streets appreciated.

River: (12.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qh Ks (straight, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.75 BB. </font>

Inthacup
03-30-2004, 05:10 PM
I would definitely check-raise the turn and lead the river. With the amount of draws possible on this board, there's a good chance that CO will cold call the 2 bets on the turn.

Cup

Alobar
03-30-2004, 06:13 PM
I probably 3 bet the flop. You miss your chance to c/r the turn, but I wouldnt be at all confident he bets if I check so I want to get money into the pot now.

The way you played it I would have raised the turn, chances are the CO calls 2 cold on that board.

lostinthought
03-30-2004, 06:36 PM
you're killing me..

either 3 bet the flop, or check raise the turn..
whichever you think would be most effective..

You seem to be sure that the button will bet on the turn, so I would check-raise there..

Also, I find that checkraising the turn in these situations will often provoke the button to call you on the river as well, to keep you honest..