PDA

View Full Version : Hand Comments? Flopped Straight....

tedtodd
03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure if I played this right. It's UB- NL .50/$1- Full Table- relatively tight game- no maniacs or super-agressives. BB ($105)- recently lost $50 with AA- playing tiltish but still a solid player.

Hero ($68) UTG +1- dealt 9d 7d- calls blind
3 calls and both blinds call

Flop (board: 6d Th 8c):
Flop a straight- Hero bets $1- only BB calls.

Turn (board: 6d Th 8c 6h):
BB checks- i bet $3.50- risky bet- but i wanted to build pot
BB raises to $15.
I re-raise to $26.50. Debated all-in- worried about flush draw- but didn't think he'd call it.

BB calls.

River (board: 6d Th 8c 6h 9h): the suit i was afraid of.

BB checks. Hero checks.

Showdown:

BB shows 6s Js.
BB has 6s Js 6d Th 6h: three sixes.
Hero shows 9d 7d.
Hero has 9d 7d 6d Th 8c: straight, ten high.

$3 is raked from a pot of $60.
Hero wins $57 with straight, ten high.

Did I place this right?- Flop straight- trying to prevent draws but want to build pot. Is it okay to re-raise a re-raise or is it standard to go all-in???

tdomeski
03-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Pre flop: muck it, suited connectors out of position against any competition whatsoever can equal disaster.

Post flop: bet pot

Post turn: there wouldn't have been one if you bet pot on flop

unreal_ugn
03-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Preflop, muck that in an instant. I dunno what you're doing playing that in UTG+1

You have a great hand on the flop, so bet what you THINK he's going to call. I'm not so sure I'd blindly pot it here, but I wouldn't check and possibly whiff a check-raise. $1 is way too low, however.

I wouldn't be scared of the turn. Actually, I'd be sitting there with a big ol' grin on my face HOPING he caught his third 6. The flush draw shouldn't be your main concern here either. Certainly the danger exists, but do you think someone would be blatantly chasing the flush on a rainbow flop? Naw.

After he raised you, I'd really think about getting my money in. If you're going to push 40% of your chips in the middle, you might as well put it all in. If another heart hits and he goes runner-runner without even trying, you're going to be kicking yourself.