PDA

View Full Version : 3 EP monsters, how many misplays?

04-16-2002, 01:02 AM
#1)

PP 1 2.

Mediocre EP limper, folded to SB who completes, I raise with AhAs. Both call.

Flop: Ac 5s 2h

SB checks, I bet, EP calls and SB folds.

Turn: Ad [Ac 5s 2h]

I check, EP bets, I checkraise and EP folds. Good job coz, way to win the least.

#2)

Different PP 1 2 game.

Mediocre CO open limps. I raise in the SB with AsAh. BB and CO call.

Flop: Ad 5h 5d

I bet and both call.

Turn: Jc [Ad 5h 5d]

I check, BB checks, CO bets, I call and BB calls.

River: 2d [Jc Ad 5h 5d]

I bet and both call. BB had 7d6d, CO had JhTd. Anyone go for the leet river checkraise when the diamonds come in?

#3)

PP 2 4.

I get "I shouldn't play this but I haven't played a hand in a while" disease and open limp UTG with 6c6d. MP raises, terrible MP2 coldcalls, button coldcalls, SB coldcalls! BB calls! woo! I uh call.

Flop: 8h 8d 6s

Checked to the MP preflop raise who bets. Everyone calls but the SB and I checkraise. MP makes it 3 and everyone but the button drops. I cap it and both call.

Turn and river are a T and a 7 and both MP and button call me down with QQ and JJ respectively. (On a side note, how in the world could JJ overcall on the river?? Think about it.)

Anyone just call the flop 3 bet and go for elite checkraise #2 on the turn? I think that would be a mistake on this board (straight draw), but not bad on say a board of 6 2 2 vs an aggressive player. For whatever reason I've done the double checkraise a couple times with flopped made hands a couple times the last few days and it works because people think "oh this guy is solid, there's no way he'd checkraise twice and this turn card didn't help any draws, I'll bet my top pair again". Yeah I know, fancy schmancy but you gotta throw a little screwball occasionally /images/wink.gif

Any other comments appreciated.

04-16-2002, 01:13 AM
On hands #1 and 2, you should check-call the turn and bet the river. On hand #2, it's possible your opponents will fear the possible flush and won't bet for you.

On hand #2, I'd just bet and raise at every opportunity.

04-16-2002, 12:03 PM
Hand #1: Definite check-call on the turn then check-raise on the river. (Your opponent will fold if you bet out, and a check-check will give you the same result, but a check has the potential to give you 1-2 additional bets)

Hand #2: I like your bet on the flop. With trips and a 4-flush on the board, bet early and often. Make the draws pay.

I didn't like your check-call on the turn, should have bet out. But since you did check and someone bet, you should have check-raised. A check raise may have been enough for the BB to fold (to avoid calling 2BB) and should have been enough for the CO to fold.

If it makes you feel better, you probably would have lost anyway, because not many average LL players will give up their flush draw till the river. Don't worry about it too much.

Hand #3: I like the way you played (questionable pre-flop call after the raise, but I probably would not give up a pocket pair for one more SB) following the flop. And, I don't know how he could call the turn w/JJ (let alone the river).

04-16-2002, 12:43 PM
1) I think this is a check/call on the turn. Given the passiveness of the game, I would bet out on the river. There's no flush happening so the best you can hope for is a str8t card on the river, which you can then try to c/r on the river.

Unless of course you have some "special" players who need to bluff or when you know they hit their FH. Then, guns a blazing on the turn!

2) I would wait until the flush hits and then c/r. The cheese is out there on the river. Why bet out when you know one of your opponents will bite? It's a nice bluff opportunity for an LP and most PP 1/2 players gobble these up -- boggles my mind.

3) I think your play was perfect. I think you're vulnerable and want to let the chips fly until someone tells you to stop. Position does suck, doesn't it. Only way to know is by betting out the turn, which is what you did. And when you've told everyone you're ahead on the turn, they won't bet for you on the river. So, just right post-flop play IMO.

04-16-2002, 08:15 PM