PDA

View Full Version : Almost in the money....

nickey009
03-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Okay, this is my first post so please, be gentle. There is a little story that goes with this question so I'll tell you about it. Blinds are 200-400. 3 people left in a tournament that pays the top 2 spots. I had been a bully to the guy to my left and stole a ton of blinds from him. I'm on the button and look at 55. I have about 3500 in chips and I call the blinds and raise 500. The guy to my left (4000) re-raises me 1000. BB (3500) looks down and wants to push all-in. There is a lot of table talk and he's putting the SB on AA. He calls. I fold. Flop is A 3 6. SB bets 1000. BB folds. Now, the BB is short stacked and for the next 7-9 hands he goes all in anytime the action is to him and it hasn't been raised. I have been dealt A2....do I call his all-in? At this point we are basically even on chip count.

LetsRock
03-30-2004, 02:43 PM
It's hard to get a picture of the stacks at this point, but I probably wouldn't defend a 400 blind with my whole stack with A2.

t_perkin
03-30-2004, 02:46 PM
No you have plenty of chips left, wait for a better spot. Plus with any luck the other player will take him out.

Also - have you ever used that big key on the left off all the alphabet keys on your keyboard? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim

DonWaade
03-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Without knowing any more info, I would say "hell no." Is it now heads up? What is your read on the other player? You dont want to get in a three way battle holding very likey the worst hand. Is this a live tourney? Online? Need to know more info, and I am not sure what circumstances I would call this anyway. Maybe if I am the chip leader, but you said the chip count was about even. I dont like those odds.

Welcome to the forum. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nickey009
03-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!

In retrospect it was a pretty horrible call. Here's why I made it.

1) He had made a ton of all-in's after that big hand and they can't all be the nuts...I was hoping this was one of those hands where he had KQ or KJ.

2) He's a very conservitive player typically. This All-in extravaganza seemed like he was just begging to be taken out. Like, he was pissed that he layed down that last hand and didn't care anymore.

3) This is stupid, but I was sick of just giving my chips away over the last 7-9 hands.

Emotions definetly got the better of me here and I take it as a lesson learned...much like the lesson about the keyboard. I'll keep that in mind too. Thanks!