PDA

View Full Version : TT when an overcard hits the flop....give up the ghost??

PokerBob
03-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 17.25 BB, between MP1, CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: MP1 (8.62 BB), CO (8.62 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Tc Ts (two pair, tens and threes).
MP1 shows Ac Qh (two pair, queens and threes).
CO shows Qd Ad (two pair, queens and threes).
Outcome: MP1 wins 8.62 BB. CO wins 8.62 BB. </font>

BigEndian
03-30-2004, 12:45 PM
The turn raise was over playing the hand, it isn't going to gain you information on outstanding queens and is almost certainly not going to get a weak queen to fold. Either call this one down or fold the turn unimproved.

- Jim

me454555
03-30-2004, 12:57 PM
against your typical party 1/2, 3 bet it pf to try to get it heads up.

Given your pf play, Id go for a flop c/r and bet out the turn. W/33 on the board the typical pp 1/2er is more likely to play a flopped set by c/ring rather than by betting out. If he doesn't fold to a turn bet chances are hes got a queen.

AviD
03-30-2004, 01:14 PM
PF fine, note the CO raised PF

Flop good coming out betting, when CO raises...you have to start thinking you may be behind.

What hands do you put CO on? Could be a wide variety from that position, but what kind of player is he/she?

I think here I'd likely 3-bet to push MP1 out and increase my chances of winning (even if I am behind to CO right now).

If MP1 calls two more cold, he likely has a strong Q and if CO caps then you are certainly behind, I'd call there looking for turn improvement. If CO just calls, I'd still plan on check/folding the turn unimproved (i.e. my 2 outer doesn't hit)

As it played out, the turn CR is not good...doesn't put you ahead, doesn't gain any info, and won't get a decent Q or better to fold. When MP2 calls two cold BB on the turn, you have to be certain you are behind unless he/she is an uber fish calling station.

The river call is just throwing money away, you didnt spike your two outer and they are telling you with betting out and calling your turn raise that they either have a strong Q or can beat it. TT is no good.

That's my .02