PDA

View Full Version : mixed feelings regarding this play

Mufus
03-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi!

I have some mixed feelings on my play here, but I think my big mistake was the call on the flop lets see how you guys think I played it:

We are down to 11 players my table is 6-handed:

Seat2 has 930 chips
Seat3 has 7355 chips
Seat4 has 3370 Chips
Seat5 has 4180 chips
Seat7 (me) has 4995 chips
Seat9 has 1650 chips

We are at 300/600, i have'nt played a hand for some rounds when i receive A /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG, I raiase 300 to 600, fold all the way to BB (seat5) he thinks for a while and calls me.

Flop: [Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif], seat5 bets out 1300, and I start thinking about a fold, but for the hole tourney the hands he has been heads up in he had bet out strong on the flop and become passive at the turn so I call him hoping, that, 1. hes bluffing, 2. he has a K or Q and my A is good, or 3. he has an A but a K,Q or 9 comes, and I can win the pot with a strong bet.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, as expected he checks to me, and i bet out 1100. He takes his time, and calls.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, he quickly moves all in for his last 1180 in chips, at this point I have 1995 left and if I call I will have 815 left. With all the money invested in the pot, I go for the call.

Tell me what you think, as said I have started to think I should have folded on the flop, but with the read on him telling me that he has bet out strong on every flop he has seen heads up in a hand tells me maybe I was right calling him. Results in white below:

<font color="white">He shows me the Ace of spades and the 8 of clubs, and he takes it down with two pair made on the river.</font>