PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a case?

Prickly Pete
03-30-2004, 10:52 AM
I was playing 2 Party SNGs simultaneously the other night, when I disconnect from one, but not the other. I try hitting the "I am back" button to no avail. I watch as my AQ etc gets folded. I had about 1000 chips with 6 or 7 left and blinds hitting 100-200. So I wasn't winning, but was still very much in contention.

So I close the table and try to get back in and it won't let me. Meanwhile, the other game is going smoothly and I'm in the final 3. At this point, I figure the answer is to close and reopen Party, but I don't want to risk finishing 3rd in the other active table. So I finish that game and then close/reopen Party. It works, but when I get to the table, I see I've finished 4th.

I emailed Party for a refund on the basis that it was their problem - since I was clearly connected to another table at the same time. Their stance is that I was the only disconnect at the table and I could have reopened the software to fix the problem as it states in their disconnect policy.

Do I have a legit gripe here or I am wasting my time? Has anyone else had a similar problem with a resolution?

Thanks.

BradleyT
03-30-2004, 11:41 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=601127&page=2&view=ex panded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

This happened to me twice in a row and I ended up with two 2nd place finishes. So they (Empire) gave me half the difference between 1st and 2nd on each one for a total of an extra $20.

I won't be back until they fix this problem though.

La Brujita
03-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Exact same thing happened to me once and I never got my money back. I spent a couple of hours trying.

berya
03-30-2004, 12:59 PM
I was playing 4 at once when the server crashed or so I thought. I got refunded for 2 but not the other 2. Response: the other 2 were running on a different server. There was no problem on the other server. Yeah right that's why most were pissed on the rail and the lucky 4 who must have just got back on were playing 600-1200 blinds or something like that. Never got anything back.

Al_Capone_Junior
03-30-2004, 01:56 PM
check out this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=601648&page=1&view=ex panded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=

al

BradleyT
03-30-2004, 02:45 PM
It's not an Internet connection problem though.

In my case I was playing two tournaments at the exact same time. One we were shorthanded (3 players) and the other was still 9 players. The shorthanded one was giving me 6 seconds to act (in reality about 3) and the full one was giving me the full 20 second timer.

Once the shorthanded game got heads up the timer would immediately appear starting at 3 seconds and the action buttons flash on the screen for less than 1 second. If you don't act in time it sits you out and folds you out of the game no matter how many times you press "I'm Back".

You never see the action buttons and don't get a chance to do anything. While this is occuring my play at the full tournament is going on just fine. So I'm forced to take 2nd place because I can't act at all. So now my full game gets down to three players and then heads up and guess what? Same thing happens again. First hand of heads up timer says, "You have 3 seconds to act", button flashes on and off screen and then it pauses for like 20 seconds and just sits there. Then I'm folded out of the second tournament also.

When did they change the software so you only get 3 seconds to act when heads up?

Prickly Pete
03-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Ahh, thanks Al. Not sure how I missed that - sounds like the same problem. I guess I'll to borrow a page out of the T Perkin Persistance Manual to get what I want.