PDA

View Full Version : My First...

Stagemusic
03-30-2004, 09:49 AM
I had to post this hand. Not for analysis or opinion on the play but simply because in a year of playing online it was my first.

Party Poker, $20 SNG, blinds at 50/100 I am dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button. 3 callers of the 6 left. I raise T200. All call. Flop comes T /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif BB bets T100 1 fold 2 callers. I make it T400 with my nut flush draw and 2nd pair. All call. The turn brings the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving me the Broadway straight. 2 checks, a bet for T200 and I just call ( could have went the whole hog here but I decided that there was still a draw that one or more of the other players could have). 2 others fold. The river is the beautiful, wonderful, glorious, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif I have just rivered my very first Royal Flush online. I have had Straight Flushes before up to J high but have never had a Royal. To make things better, my opponent just filled his boat (he was holding AA). He is first to act and goes all in for the rest of his chips, about T600. I immediately call with what was left of my stack and the cards turn over. Lots of ooohs and aaahs of course. What a great feeling. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrPhysic
03-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Congrats.

Not only on catching it, but on being lucky enough to have somebody else at the table holding a boat. Has to be a memorable hand.

Doc

Moonsugar
03-30-2004, 11:26 AM
I once made the idiot end of a straight flush and lost many chips to a royal /images/graemlins/mad.gif

t_perkin
03-30-2004, 01:50 PM
I broke my Straight Flush virginty the other day too. Doing it in style with a Royal Flush in Hearts to win on a 30+3 SnG table.

Tim

William
03-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Nice Stage,

I wish you many more to come (as long as I am not sitting at your table) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ClemsonAce
03-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Congrats on the Royal Flush. I'm still waiting to get mine.

On another note, my A high flush was demolished by a straight flush that took me out of contention in a tourney yesterday.

Congrats again.

adam

DonWaade
03-30-2004, 02:38 PM

VinnyTheFish
03-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Congrats ... well done.

I'm just gald it wasn't in a 2+2 SNG or Zoo event where you were Head's up with me.

Actually, I'd still be happy for you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thrillhouse
03-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Very nice. I too recieved my first royal flush last week in a $10+1 SNG. I flopped it, and I got so excited I went all in. Probably one of my dumber moves in my lifetime. Of course no one called, and I forgot to unclick "auto muck", so no one got to see it! Next time I'll know to slow play /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Thrillho

*Ryan_21*
03-31-2004, 12:04 AM
Great hand! What better hand to have a Royal against then Aces Full? I bet your opponent is still thinking to this day that "it is rigged" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ryan_21

Stagemusic
03-31-2004, 07:47 AM
Thanks for all the great comments. It was a real thrill.

[ QUOTE ]
Great hand! What better hand to have a Royal against then Aces Full? I bet your opponent is still thinking to this day that "it is rigged"

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, believe it or not, this is furthest from the truth. He said..."At least when I lose, I lose to the best". I'm fairly sure he was talking about the hand, not the player /images/graemlins/grin.gif