PDA

View Full Version : J10o in BB

04-15-2002, 02:41 PM
3-6 loose passive for the most part (this hand definitely isn't representative of the table, they must have got a wild hair)

i'm in BB with Jd10h, 5 limpers, then the button raises, sb calls, i call, all limpers call. 8 players.

[Js 10s 8c]

checked to the button who bets, the SB checkraises, i 3-bet, one limper (L1) calls 3 bets cold, the button caps it, everyone calls.

[Qs]

what an awful, awful card. it gets checked to the button who bets, the SB checkraises again, i fold, L1 calls two cold. button 3 bets, SB caps.

river is the Qc, now L1 comes to life and throws in a raise and it gets capped again.

L1 shows down Q10o, wow, now thats LL hold'em for you. the button and the SB both have AKo.

questions:

1) with 5 limpers i thought i was correct to call the extra bet with J10o even though i was out of position. does this have positive ev?

2) is the turn fold correct or should i call with the very slim possibility i'm still ahead and some outs if i'm not (though with L1 in there with Q10o half my outs are no good; but we're not psychic)

3) does anyone favor just calling on the flop then raising the turn if a scary card dosen't hit? i was thinking about HPFAP where it talked about waiting for the turn to bet or raise because the loose gooses will call flop bets without a thought, then you can get away from the hand if the scary card hits and save a bet. i don't know.

thanks for any comments, ideas.

04-16-2002, 11:14 AM
First of all, Im not old at all.

Second, I dont have very much experience, but these are my thoughts...

1. I think the preflop call is Ok, It is Low limit

2.I think folding here is fine, someone just got to have flush and/or someone has atleast better two pair or a set. U might be drawing dead, good fold

3. It might be a good reason, yes. But I prefer raising anyway, to get Gutshots out if possible.

The pot is big and your primary mission is not to win big now, its to win the pot. I think the biggest chance of winning it is with a raise on flop and there you ghave the reason.