PDA

View Full Version : Too Passive Here?

xerxes
03-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(VLoose)</font> calls, Hero (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB <font color="purple">(Any2toRiver)</font> checks.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Any2toRiver checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">VLoose bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Any2toRiver calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">VLoose 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, Any2toRiver calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Any2toRiver checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">VLoose bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Any2toRiver calls, UTG calls, VLoose calls, Hero calls.

River: (22.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Any2toRiver checks, UTG checks, VLoose checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 22.50 BB, between CO, Any2toRiver, UTG, VLoose and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (22.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Any2toRiver shows 4h 4s (one pair, fours).
UTG shows 3h Ad (one pair, threes).
VLoose shows Jc 8s (two pair, jacks and eights).
Hero shows Qc Td (two pair, queens and tens).
CO shows Qs As (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 22.50 BB. </font>

LA_Price
03-30-2004, 08:11 AM
pre-flop: QTo is a pretty dominated hand as you found out in this hand. I generally only like to play it in the sb, button, and BB or attempt to steal at a tight table but calling is not horrible as long as you know how to get out of some tricky situations

Flop: after VLoose bets your call is not horrible but only because you have an inside straight draw and the pot is pretty big. If you didn't have that I think you have a fold/raise situation. I would probably fold but you have him pegged as loose so I think raising is best. After the second re-raise I think you can lay the hand down. If you're not beaten by VLoose, CO probably has you beat and he could very well have capped it. Despite the fact you have him labelled as VLoose he did have you beat when he bet into you.

Turn: Well you hit one of your outs but it also gives someone a straight if they have the 9 so I don't think calling is horrbile but only because the pot is simply too large to fold at this point.

River: I'd probably check as well

I think you got extremely lucky in this hand. Most of the time I think you'll lose this one to a straight or bigger two pair. BTW I like the names and i'd add any2toRiver to and UTG to you buddy list.

Rico Suave
03-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Hey xerxes:

[ QUOTE ]
Too Passive Here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Raise the flop! You have top pair mediocre kicker and loose guy to your right bets giving you the perfect opportunity to face the field with calling 2 bets. IMO this is an easy raise.

Since you did not raise the flop, you should raise the turn.

Give the aggression of the CO, I guess it you can check call here.

--Rico

Jeffro
03-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Why are you posting 2 hands before the blinds????

lostinthought
03-30-2004, 10:53 AM
First - don't post the blind in MP... this is a waste of money over time.

I'm worried about the straight at the turn with so many people in the pot, but I have seen things like this happen before.

I would be tempted to raise the flop to try to clear out the field.. If there is too much action, I would consider folding on the turn.. although you hit the turn which puts you in a hard position.

That's a problem with a hand like Q10o, although I know you had free play because you posted the blind in middle (don't do it again!)

PokerBob
03-30-2004, 11:00 AM
(1) Bad hand [QTo is easily dominated] (2) bad position (3) posting 2 hands before the blinds is insane. IMO you got REALLY lucky.

Schmed
03-30-2004, 11:15 AM
100% agree you have got to raise that flop. Raise or C/R the turn, bet out the river.

On the river having check called the entire way why change things up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif