PDA

View Full Version : 7 left, blinds 50/100, I'm in the SB with AQo

eastbay
03-30-2004, 02:48 AM
I've got 1200 chips, SB has 1000. UTG+1 has about 900.

UTG+1 limps. all else fold to me.

I go all-in.

Comments?

eastbay

VarlosZ
03-30-2004, 03:13 AM
Don't you mean "BB has 1000"? I'll assume you do.

Pushing is probably correct here. Limping is wrong, and if you make a smaller raise and are called, you're out of position.

On the other hand, it's very risky because this is a case where you're only likely to be called if you're beaten. AJ might call but, then, AJ is probably open-raising at this stage of the tournament. Other than that, the only other hands that might call are medium pairs (not that they'd be right to, but still), and you'd rather they folded. (And, of course, the BB could have anything.)

t_perkin
03-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Ok I just answered this entire question as if there were only 3 players left then realised... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

what buyin?

yeah I would probably push here at <= 30+3

Tim

-------
and here is my answer for only 3 players left /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-------
You play pretty high buyin stuff right?

if you are talking 50+5 or over I would be wary of a PF limp with only 3 remaining, he should know better than to limp PF with random hands. This could be AA or KK.

just limp? see that flop for almost nothing and push then or fold?

putting in a small raise is just encouraging him to push in and put you in a spot.

Having said that i play 30+3 and unless it is a table where there are almost no PF limps at this stage I would just push in.

Plus sometimes if I give the other players credit for some intelligence I will make a PF limp with suited connectors or low PP or something, if I think they will put me on a monster..

Guess it is a bit of a judgement call.

Tim