PDA

View Full Version : River value bet??

Jeffro
03-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero?????

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero????

AceHigh
03-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Hand 1 bet the river.

Hand 2 check, especially if he will bluff on the river.

Barry
03-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Hand 1 is an easy value bet. Your're still ahead the vast majority of the time. The only hand that rationally have a problem with is KJ. Most likely he has a weaker J or even a or a smaller PP and he's not going to let you steal the pot with your AK.

Hand 2 I think that you are behind more often then he has a flush draw which he won't call the river with and you're not getting him to fold for one bet if he's not. I'd check it.

Jeffro
03-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Glad to hear I wasn't to off base with my play have been trying to bet the river more and just wasn't happy with the results here.

<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Results SB shows 4c Ks (two pair, kings and fours).
Hero shows As Jc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: SB wins 8 BB.

Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Results: Hero shows 4c 5c (two pair, fours and threes).
BB shows Kd Ah (one pair, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 5 BB.

Homer
03-29-2004, 10:38 PM
1 - Easy value bet.

2 - Check-call. If you bet, all better hands will call and all worse hands will fold, with the possible exceptions of 22 and Ax. So betting is no good for value or as a bluff. If you check, hopefully a busted draw or some random unpaired hand will bluff into you.

-- Homer