PDA

View Full Version : PartyPokerMillion III --- how did you do?

thylacine
03-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Several 2+2ers went to PPM3 based on 2+2 posts. If I met any 2+2ers on the boat I didn't know it at the time. Anyway, out of curiosity, how did you all do. If someone want to keep some anonymity they could give just an approx position.

Note 546 players, 90 places paid. Half field played on each of days 1 and 2, so day 3 was really 2nd day play for all one-day survivors.

Me:

Position about: 145th
Busted out in level: 9
Busted out on day: 3
Prize: $0

-----------------------------
blank template to cut-and-paste

Position about:
Busted out in level:
Busted out on day:
Prize: $

Bob T.
03-30-2004, 03:47 AM
Position about: 34
Busted out in level: 14 (5000/10000)
Busted out on day: 3
Prize: $12984 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob T.

AAmaz0n
03-30-2004, 05:36 AM
Position about: 3 players after Phil Hellmuth /images/graemlins/cool.gif In other words, about 5 from the bottom.

Busted out in level: not level at all. mostly on tilt.

Busted out on day: 1 with time left over for an afternoon Mai Tai.

Prize: $

Playing in a Party tournament that started at least a level too high - $0

Listening to the cash game anouncements that were so loud I couldn't hear myself think while playing in the biggest buy in tournament I ever played while fighting the glare from windows that they refused to pull the shades on - $0.

Watching Carlos Mortenson suck out on me with KJ vs.AQ on a raggedy board - Priceless. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thankfully, I'm not at all bitter. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Shauna

astroglide
03-30-2004, 12:33 PM
KJ will beat AQ roughly 4 times out of 10, so it's not that big of a suckout at all.

Wad
03-30-2004, 01:03 PM
I played on Day 1 and had Phil Hellmuth, Erik Seidel and Dewey Tomko all at my first table. After showing up 45 minutes late, Phil burned off his chips in a hurry and was the 2nd person out of the tournament.

I believe they thinned the first day field down to 90 players or so. It was a little heartbreaking for me to go out 98th, about 1/2 hour before play ended for the day. My stack fluctuated between 3K and 16K during the day but I never had much opportunity to really build a stack.

A few hands:

My only AA in the whole tournament got cracked by Barry Greenstein's KJo. Late in the day, the hand that led to my demise was my AQ getting beat up by an A4 on a board of 749A3.

I hoped to meet a few more 2+2ers than I did, however I met AAmaz0n and had a good time hanging out with her on and off during the week.

All in all it was a great experience and am looking forward to next year!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

1800GAMBLER
03-30-2004, 02:47 PM
On a raggy board it's at most 2.5 in 10.

drewjustdrew
03-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Sounds like the money got in after the flop. Was she calling or betting? This is a limit tourney right?

astroglide
03-30-2004, 02:58 PM
http://www.twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=&d=&h=Ac+Qd%0D%0AKs+Jh

those are the preflop odds. it is not a huge suckout.

1800GAMBLER
03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
On a 'raggedy board'. It's not preflop when the money sounds like it's going in.

astroglide
03-30-2004, 04:26 PM
is it a huge, lamentable suckout if AQ beats 72 on a 774 flop? the fact remains that the hand is not a signifigant favorite in the long run. it was a limit tournament too.

ExoByte
03-30-2004, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Listening to the cash game anouncements that were so loud I couldn't hear myself think while playing in the biggest buy in tournament I ever played while fighting the glare from windows that they refused to pull the shades on - $0.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you must've been near me. i was on the square table (#8) near the window and was very sympathetic to you guys having the speaker right overhead. Lucky for me the glare wasn't too bad for me.

I busted out right near the end of day one, really just didn't get any hands. There was this crazy guy in the 9 seat that was deciding to play every hand and hope for the best. i flopped the nut straight and nut flush against him once we hit 400-800 and he rivered houses on me both times.

but i had fun and did well in the side games /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AAmaz0n
03-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Ok, I opened this can of worms, so I might as well get it out.

It's a limit tournament and Carlos and I both have several rounds of blinds worth of chips left.

I raise in CO with AQ, Carlos calls in the BB with KJ. I forget the suits so this will be approximate.

two dimes: me 62% him 37%

I shouldn't really characterize the flop as raggedy, but my read was that it didn't help either of us. There was a straight on board, but I could tell that he didn't have it. Again, don't have the suits, but:

flop 7 8 9
two dimes - me 62% him 36% tie 2%

I hit him again, he called.

turn 6

two dimes - me 68% him 23% tie 9%

Looked scary, but I felt confident that I had an accurate read on him that he had overcards, and that they were not as good as mine. He bet, I raised, he called.

River was a ten. I knew that he looked just too pleased about it, but I paid his JK off.

It wasn't a world class suckout, he had outs. I was just annoyed because I kept getting nibbled away, and he was playing fast and loose and getting away with it - at least some of the time. His stack kept going up and down like a yo-yo. Mine just kept going one direction - down. The cards never hit me and I got called every time I made a play on someone.

That was about the best look I got at a decent pot all day. I picked up a few bets early on when I attacked the blinds with ATs and turned a flush, but got little action from the blind on it.

I had AQo twice; losing this time and going out with it raising rather than be blinded off. The blinds, 22 and 86 both called, with 86 taking it with a 6 on the flop when the board brought no help.

Actually, other than that flush hand, the board did a great job of avoiding me the whole time I was on the ship. The only other decent hands that I remember were 77 (lost), and 66 twice (lost once and picked up Carlos's blind once).

That was it. No AK AQs, AJ, no pair bigger than 7, just the occasional connector that I could limp in with which never got anywhere. It was really frustrating.

The cash games went about the same; very few good hands in limit until I picked up KK. The blind had 63o, caught a 3 on the flop and hung in there with it until a 3 rivered.

Switch to no limit 1/2 blinds, to try and change things. Nothing much happens until the following hand;

I'm in the BB. UTG +1 makes it 5, next player - a huge Englishman that I called Little John - makes it 10. Folded to LP1 who makes it 30. Loosie Lucy on the button calls, SB folds. I wake up with AA.

My rack goes directly into the middle with what is left of my buy in, about 90. It's bigger than the 78 that's in the pot, so I'm thinking that I'll take down the 70, or maybe get lucky and wind up heads up with Little John who seems to overvalue middle pairs.

But hey, it's Party Poker! I get called in all four places. I'm still doing the math on how much I'm going to rake in this pot, when the flop comes T rag rag and Little John promptly bets out. Oh no, not again. He gets into a side pot with Loosie Lucy.

The turn and river both look like blanks, but all I can do is watch in horror as John turn over exactly what I put him on; TT. Loosie Lucy turns over her QT (????!!!!! oh, I forgot, it's Party - just live this time).

I played some more NL, never really making any progress. I actully did better at roulette. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

So I turned to something that I knew I could succeed at; drinking. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sorry to rant, but the poker part of the trip really sucked for me. Other than that I had a great time, met some wonderful people and partied my ass off.

Shauna

thylacine
03-31-2004, 03:45 PM