PDA

View Full Version : Erik Seidel at the Taj

Vince Lepore
03-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't have this situation precisely correct but I believe I can get it close enough to discuss the play by Seidel. I watched the finals of the Taj Mahal NLH championship between Seidel and a young aggressive player whose name escapes me.

Earlier in the final table I watched this player make some pretty questionable aggressive moves that worked out well for him. The following hand headsup against Seidel also shows the value of aggressive play.

I do not remember the chip counts or the blinds. The young player had Seidel covered I believe. For purpose of this discussion lets say that Seidel had 700k and his opponent 1000k. If someone knows the exact detalis and think it matters to this discussion feel free to jump in. The blinds were about 20-40k. Seidel was on the button with A,Jo and opened for about 100k. He was called by a 5,4o. The flop came A,8,5 rainbow. Seidel bet 125k and was called. The turn was a 3. Seidel bet 125k. His opponnent moved in. Seidel thought for a moment and threw his hand away.

Comments, please. If someone knows the exact details we should look at them although I doubt that they are important to this discussion.

Vince

fsuplayer
03-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I believe that Toto just reraised on the turn, as opposed to moving in on Siedel. Just a guess, but I think that he saw that when he moved all in, its a sign of weakness and the players were picking up on that. So he just reraised Erik. If he just moved in there I think that Siedel calls there.
BTW, you couldnt pry those cards from my hands at that point of the tourney with those stacks. I would have called.