PDA

View Full Version : Did I Fold Prematurely?

04-15-2002, 02:06 AM
Different 5-10 session from first post:

Dealt K5c in BB. UTG raised, EP2, MP1 called, MP2, CO & Button folded, SB re-raised. Thinking I do not have the correct odds to flop at least a 4-flush, I folded.

Flop 4 3 7 all clubs!

SB bets, UTG raised, everyone folded to SB who re-raised. UTG called.

Turn blank. SB bet, UTG called.

River 6 clubs for my straight flush!

SB bet, UTG called. SB showed rockets with A of clubs.

I thought that even without SB's re-raise BTF, a call would have been marginal at best. Did I do the right thing or I am just being results-oriented?

Comments, please.

04-15-2002, 02:18 AM
i dont think that calling one raise preflop with kx suited can be that bad with two callers and you closing the acition. this isnt a hand you really are going to rely on position with in all likely hood. if the flop hits you hard you bet, if you have a strong draw your probably calling till it hits, and if you miss you chuck it away.

but with the sb raise, especially if he is a good player, you are likely up against kk, qq, aa, and going to get routinly spanked even with two pair by aa and kk. so muck and lament your one in a 1000 chance of hitting your str8 flush.

but then according to my girlfriend i do a lot of things prematurely so i could be wrong

party on wayne

tom c.

04-15-2002, 02:55 AM
If I'm in BB with Kxs or Qxs and its raised, I'll play if 3 people (including myself) will see the flop.

04-15-2002, 03:08 AM
Calling two more bets before the flop would be absolutely terrible. Don't worry about what would have happened. Most of the time the flop is going to miss a piece of cheese like that by a mile. Throwing in two bets out of position with no hand is going to cost you dearly in the long run. Calling one raise from the big blind is OK if there are a lot of people in, especially if they are of the sort that will be kind enough to pay you off if you hit your hand.

04-15-2002, 03:25 AM

04-15-2002, 03:28 AM
You should fold before the flop for two more bets out of the big blind with Kc5c. At least that's what I do.