PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions: 1) 6 seated SnGs, and 2) Question about TPFAP

esbesb
03-29-2004, 02:48 PM
I have two more or less unrelated questions, but I thought I would combine them in a single post:

1) How, if at all, does strategy change in a 6-seated SnG as opposed to a 10-seated SnG, other than the obvious starting hand adjustments that one might make in a short handed game? For example, do people still feel the same way about playing extremely tight for the first few rounds? Any other adjustments people make for a 6-seated SnG?

2) How, if at all, do people adapt the various theories in TPFAP to a SnG? Sklansky makes the point that tournament play is different in some ways from a regular money game -- do people think that his theories in TPFAP pretty much apply to a SnG except in "miniature?" (That is, it seems to me, that a SnG is not akin to a final table in a large tournament, but is more akin to begining a large tournament on "fast-forward" and that Sklansky's TPFAP theories would still apply in more-or less full force but in a speeded up fashion.) I hope this question is clear.

Thanks!

Wayne
03-29-2004, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2) How, if at all, do people adapt the various theories in TPFAP to a SnG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slansky covers satellites in TPFAP. Apply that advice to SnGs. SnGs will be a little looser, but can tighten up tremendously on the bubble.