PDA

View Full Version : Hand#1 from the weekend

04-14-2002, 06:52 PM
Loose and, for the most part, passive 4-8 game. Two maniacs at the table but they seem intent on proving to each other who is the craziest and mainly go maniac heads up.

I have j-9s in the small blind. 4 limpers. I call the $2 and the big blind checks.

Flop is

7-8-10 with two diamonds. Yeah.

I bet out and 3 (2 mp and 1 late) call including the two maniacs.

Turn is Q no diamond.

I lead and all three call.

River is J no diamond.

Bet or check?

04-14-2002, 11:45 PM

04-15-2002, 10:15 AM
u said yourself they are maniacs... that card prolly hit at least one of them in some way and if they truly are maniacs u check it to them and induce the bluff(which for maniacs is prolly more probable than the call)

peter

04-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Hi, John,

You are losing to AK, and K9. You are ahead of everything else. the fact that the pot was not raised preflop, makes it less likely that AK is out there, but of course, not impossible. K9, is harder to detect, and if someone had that, they would have called this far on the basis of their outside straight. I bet, and make a crying call if it comes back to me for 1 bet. If it is two or three bets, I think you can safely lay it down. I think that you have to bet here, because there are a lot of hands that you can beat, that are going to call your river bet, and maybe even a lot of hands that might raise the river that you can beat.

good luck,

Bob T.

04-15-2002, 11:30 PM
Very accurate post by Bob T. I bet out. My reasoning had to do with game texture. Almost everyone holding 2nd pair was calling and a few were calling with third pair. I suspected at least one of the 4 was on a flush draw. Even if I was tied with one of the others, 2nd pair might call getting more dead money in the pot.

I got two callers, one of which had k-9 for a winner.