PDA

View Full Version : Is this an easy fold?

Joe826
03-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi, I'm just curious what you thought on this hand. Should I have folded after the re-raise on the turn?

Thanks

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO raises, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

sthief09
03-29-2004, 07:51 AM
not at all. I think you'll probably lose, but your hand is too good to give up and you are drawing live on the turn. as for the river, I think 8-1 is easily sufficient enough.

amazing laydowns will probably lose you twice as much as they save you

Joe Tall
03-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Preflop: Raise. You are likely to have the best hand here and there is no reason to let the blinds see the flop cheaply.

You title eludes to you losing this hand and you should consider that when you post again. You may get more responses without such a title.

I would call the turn and river bets, your hand will be good enough in 2/4-Party here to do so.

Think of how differently this would have played if you raise preflop.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall