PDA

View Full Version : Bet out on flopped full house?

04-13-2002, 05:05 PM
I have 2-2 in the small blind. Four other players including the BB stay for the flop. Flop comes 10-2-10. It seems instinctual to check here, but I was wondering if anyone would bet out in this situation. Here is my reasoning: First, most people I've seen would bet out if they just paired the 2, not wanting overcards to get another card for free, so people might figure me for that. Second, if someone has a ten I want to give them every chance to raise me. Third, if there are straight and flush draws out they will usually stay in if they think I just have a 10. What do you all think?

04-13-2002, 05:32 PM
i bet out with flopped nuts quite a bit...there's too many hands they can put ya on. so youll tend to make a little more at times playing this way...but change it up every now and then...

many of your ideas are exactly why id bet here...

b

04-13-2002, 05:47 PM
Is the flop 2 Tone? There is no straight draw on this hand. If there is a flush draw, I would check, hoping for someone to make a strong second best hand. The only time slowplaying this hand is correct, is if you believe the flop could make someone else a strong second best hand. I'm betting, and hoping for someone with a 10 to raise me. Keep in mind, however, that your hand is vulnerable to 9,J,Q,K or A-10. So if any of these cards, flop with the 2 10's on board, you need to proceed cautiously. I'm playing this hand fast, as the only player's chasing me are the ones with 10's, overcards or an over pair, and they will pay me off big time. Checking here, IMO, isn't going to pay you off enough to risk a slowplay.

04-13-2002, 06:51 PM
I would bet out most of the time -- only exception is if the field is pretty small. IMO this is a very vulnerable hand. Not only to the hands mentioned but also pocket pairs who know they can beat than the A2 they may put you on.

For me this is a real fast play on the flop and I would slow down with some suspicion on the turn/river.