PDA

View Full Version : Overs hand

Phat Mack
03-29-2004, 05:01 AM
I don't know where to post this, so I'll stick it here. This is Louisiana-style 3-6-12 game with overs buttons. I've never played with overs buttons before, but at least know what they are. In this game they make it 6-12-24 when their holders are the last standing.

UTG (Very Solid Kid) limps; limp; limp; Lunatic raises; I'm on the button with 7h6h. Lunatic raises quite often, but I've never seen anyone fold to her raises. I call.

SB re-raises, BB (Flakey newbie) caps it at four bets, four calls, I call. I assume my call is correct, but would be happy to hear otherwise.

28 SB's in the pot.

The flop is Kd 8h 5d. SB checks; BB w/ Overs Button=OB bets; VSK w/o OB calls; fold; fold; Lunatic w/ OB raises and it on me w/OB. I've got eight outs to the straight, two of which put a flush on the board. I assume it will be capped this round. I think raising to drive out any possible flush draws would be futile. I call. SB folds; BB calls; VSK calls.

36 SB's in the pot= $118.

Turn is a (Kd 8h 5d) 4c, giving me the nuts. BB checks; VSK checks; Lunatic bets. The only player without an overs button is VSK. I think he might have the flush draw, but I don't know. I'm thinking if I raise here, I can get him out, put us on overs and eliminate a draw. On the other hand almost half the unknown cards pair the board or make a diamond flush possible. Do I want to try and show down my hands as cheaply as possible? I could make it expensive for myself in a game where I have trouble putting players on hands.

I ended up raising; BB re-raised; VSK folded; Lunatic capped. A blank came on the river. BB bet $24; Lunatic called; I raised; BB called w/KK; Lunatic folded A8o.

It was a nice pot for me, but I'm not sure I had a clue how to play it on 3rd and 4th streets. Comments?