PDA

View Full Version : OK, here's one

04-12-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm not gonna say much cause I'm interested in other people's thoughts here. PP LL, fairly tight, somewhat passive table (weak tight mostly).

3 limpers to me, I limp with KdJh. SB completes, button checks.

Flop: Ad Kc 5d

Checked to MP who bets, MP2 folds, I call, both blinds call.

Turn: 4c [Ad Kc 5d]

Checked to MP who bets, I raise, blinds fold, MP calls.

River: 5h [4c Ad Kc 5d]

Check, check, MP shows JdTd.

Comments?

04-12-2002, 11:25 PM
What position do you limp in? It's a borderline hand for sure, particularly on the button, where, depending on the bord, both a raise or a fold may be in order.

The turn 'raise for a free showdown, bet the showdown if I improve' is good against all but very poor and very good players. That is... if you REALLY want a showdown. If you feel certain to crash into an ace here and get called (on the turn) most of the times, no matter how good the turn move is, you should rather fold.

Nice raise, but remember that you met a very big draw. I would also play JdTd this way often, but an Ace is far more likely than a draw yet still. Had your opponent shown you something like Kx or a low pocket pair, you may have some reason to pat yourself on the back, but given the hand you faced, I can't assure that your turn play is EV+ in the long run.

What is your action if bet into on the river? If a total blank falls, if the Ace pairs, diamond, apparant blank (Queen) and so on. I'd be curious to hear.

Keep the posts coming!

lars

04-13-2002, 12:48 PM
This is a spot where you need to have a good read on your opponent in order to make the play you made and feel comfortable with it.

Is he the type of guy who plays any ace? If so you may be better off in the long run folding middle pair on the flop when bet into.

I made $ last night at the Bike by playing hands like middle pair on the flop against a guy who was a total maniac and had been staying in with bottom pair, but I only played those hands because I had been wathcing his play closely for a few hours and felt I had a good read on him. He was also chassing runner runner flush draws and inside straights

04-14-2002, 03:32 AM
Why isn't this a fold after the flop situation? If you had Kd Qh and flop was Ad Qc 5d, then it seems almost worth a shot to me. Especially if the flop came Qc Jd 5d. But how much is a weak tight table worth? You are playing second pair, under kicker. You may well be beaten now by an ace.

Understand, I am asking cause I want to learn, not cause I want to critisize your play, after all

What do I know, I am just a

B. Giner

04-14-2002, 07:29 PM
3 limpers in a LL game. Four words...

Dom-i-na-ted.

ok, that's really just one word. It means fold.

Watch out, the fact you won this hand could cost you thousands over your poker playing days. /images/smile.gif

Just my 2cents.

Michael

Be the flop...

See the flop...

You're not being the flop, Danny.

04-14-2002, 10:41 PM
I felt I had the odds to take one off. I also felt from that position and that flop it may be that he's not betting an ace.

04-14-2002, 10:45 PM
KJo is a group 5 hand. If you can't play it after 3 limpers in a loose game in LP, when can you play it? Do you not play JTo there? Axs?

Please don't play the "tigher-than-thou" game, I'm tight, I'm VERY tight - but in that situation its a clear limp with that hand.