PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 Party Hand - A9o on the Button

AviD
03-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Table is pretty soft, a few aggys here and there but not too bad. Flush drawers will run it down to the river, CO in this hand is a consistent 4 flush semi bluffer/bettor.

I normally don't play this hand at all, but being I had best position and nearly a full field of callers I figured it was worth a peak at the flop.

Unforunately Party's email is down, so bear with my quasi conversion! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AviD is on Button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, 4 limpers, another fold, CO limps, AviD calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (8SB)
SB checks, BB bets, 4 callers to CO who raises, AviD 3-bets, SB folds, 2 call 2SBs, 3 fold, CO calls

Turn A /images/graemlins/club.gif (7.5BB)
Checked around, AviD bets, all call

River 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (11.5BB)
checked around, AviD bets, 1 call

Of course MHIG, but I am wondering if I should have hung out til the turn to pop it. I flop two pair with at the heart draw out there and saw the flop 3-bet as a good chance to make it 2 more SBs instead of one to the rest of the field. Do I really want to do that at this point?

I figure a better approach is to wait until the turn and if a non-heart falls, pop it then...but chances are it would be checked around to the CO who would bet and then I'd be making it 2BB to everyone else of which they'd likely not call...i.e. they can't all be on flush draws.

And I certainly can't smooth call the turn and give the field a cheap look at the river with that turned monster. I figure if anyone else had an Ace, they would have popped back with a CR on the turn, but that obviously didn't happen.

Just looking for some feedback on the postflop play.

Thanks all! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike Gallo
03-28-2004, 11:22 PM
You made a good raise. At that point in the hand the players committed to one bet will call two more.

I like this line of play.

Joe Tall
03-28-2004, 11:33 PM
I fold preflop.

Peace,
Joe Tall

AviD
03-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Not worth a look at the flop with 5 limpers to you and a good chance the blinds (passive) are coming along?

John Deere
03-28-2004, 11:53 PM
I fold pre-flop as well.

Joe Tall
03-28-2004, 11:54 PM
I rather raise with it after 2 weak limpers or complete the SB with it. I usually don't waste my time w/A9o.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sthief09
03-28-2004, 11:54 PM
the fact that 5 people limped in make this hand less valuable. I don't think this hand has any value aside from being a pretty good steal hand.