PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think this is a bad fold?

BigEndian
03-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Seems straight-forward, but lets see what the jury decides.

This table is fairly tight and very passive pre-flop and post-flop with a couple loose cannons after the flop. In general, the raising PF is almost non-existant. But with only one or two exceptions, the table plays horribly post-flop.

Big Endian is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif
BigEndian raises. UTG+1 3-bets. Two cold callers. CO caps. BB cold calls. BigEndian folds...

That's a lot of checks in the center and some nice pot odds.

- Jim

sthief09
03-28-2004, 07:28 PM
well you're getting 26-2, which are some massive odds here. the big problem is that if there is some combination of AA, JJ, AK, AQ, or even AJ, you are going to be in serious trouble. I think this is a pretty clear fold.

Nottom
03-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Should be pretty standard.

Mike Gallo
03-28-2004, 09:25 PM
I would fold without a second thought. I have folded AQ in a similiar spot.

That's a lot of checks in the center and some nice pot odds.

You have now given your opponents implied odds.

BigEndian
03-29-2004, 09:26 AM
I didn't have any reservations when I mucked this. Only after I counted up the chips in the center (which I did afterward, a lot of my actions based on intuition) did I wonder if anyone might make this call. I think that pot is awefully tempting.

- Jim

Joe Tall
03-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Unless you are dealing with a maniac and a LAG, the flod is routine IMO.

Last night 15/30 on Pacific, I raised AQo in MP, button 3-bet and the BB (a total ROCK) capped, I folded. BB hand AA and button called down w/JJ.

Peace,
Joe Tall

The Dude
03-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Fold, and don't think twice. In essence you need the flop to come precisely AAA, JJJ, AAJ, AJJ, JJx, AJ2, KQT, or /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif to feel good about it. Care to guess how often that will happen? Not nearly the 11:1 odds you're getting