PDA

View Full Version : QQ on a decent flop

Saborion
03-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Empire 2/4. 10-handed.

I raise with Q's UTG. EP2 3-bets. MP something cold-calls. It's folded back to me, I call.

Should I cap here?

Flop comes AQAr. I check, EP3 bets, MP calls, I call.

Turn is a 7, putting two clubs out there. I check, EP3 checks, MP bets, I call, EP3 calls.

I was going for the overcall from EP3, then betting out on the river.

River is a K. I bet out, EP3 raise, MP folds, what do I do?

lil'
03-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Cap pre-flop.

Good lord, what a nice flop. Do you realize any ace is going to give you serious action here? What are you doing just checking and calling?

Saborion
03-28-2004, 03:18 PM
I suck.

Edit: And no, I didn't realize any Ace would give me serious action.

Mike Gallo
03-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Unless I wanted to add deception I would have capped preflop.

I would not have taken my foot of off the gas.

Your opponent drew to AK too cheaply.

lil'
03-28-2004, 03:49 PM
I suck.
Cut that out. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Think about it from the other guy's perspective. He three bet you, meaning he probably has a good ace. Then a cold caller. Between the two of them, one of them probably has an ace. One of them is going to attack because he's got trip aces and figures he is way ahead.

Saborion
03-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Here's what I thought. Straighten me out.

Cool flop! I wonder if the PF 3-bettor has an ace. I'm not too worried about losing this pot at this moment, so if it would be checked aronud, I doubt that would hurt me all that much. I check and see what happens. Ah, the 3-bettor might have an ace after all. And the other fella too since he called a PF raise and the a bet on a flop like this. Means I should be able to check-raise the turn.

Turn is harmless, I'm trying for the check-raise. 3-bettor doesn't bet, he hasn't got an ace! But hopefully the second player has one since he called all the way so far. He bet, but since the 3-bettor doesn't appear to have an ace, I'll go for an overcall, and then bet out on the river.

I DO know that due to the size of the pot, my main concern at that point should've been to win it, so hence I should've check-raise the turn when I was given the opportunity. Or am way of track? I played this hand pretty bad, so I suppose losing it was ok.

The 3-bettor had KK btw.