PDA

View Full Version : Kowboys getting no respect...Part 2

brian0729
03-28-2004, 02:58 PM
This is the same table as the last hand. Typical Party 2/4 table.

Villian is the same person from the last hand. It is about 25 hands later and I now have a much better read. He is very loose Pre flop and similarly loose Post flop. He doesnt raise much but will chase and has been catching his cards. (Ask Homer about his KK hand against this guy /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is CO

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP2 limps, Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP2 calls

Flop(11 1/2 SB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 bets, EP2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls
I decide against raising the flop here because I think all will call my raise and then check to me on the turn, so I decide to call here and raise the turn.

Turn(8 1/4 BB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 bets, EP2 folds, MP2 folds, Hero raises, Button folds, EP1 3-bets, Hero calls.
This is the first raise I have seen out of him in 50 plus hands. I was happy with the way the hand was going until he three bet me. Getting three bet sucks. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

River(14 1/4 BB): J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP1 checks, Hero ???
Now what? Does anybody bet here?

I thought after the turn three bet I was drawing very thin or dead again. However I thought the draw heavy board leaned me more toward the calling being ok in this spot. I am most interested in opionions on the turn decision. Thanks.

Mike Gallo
03-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Brian,

I like how you played it.

I would put my skirt on and check behind on the river.

brian0729
03-28-2004, 08:59 PM

AceHigh
03-28-2004, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now what? Does anybody bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check is good.

brian0729
03-29-2004, 09:14 AM
I checked behind on the river and the chips were pushed my way. I almost let the timer run out before checking. I really wanted to bet.

Villian had 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for middle pair and the monster draw.

This play was very different from his passive behavior up until this point. However I think JTG and Homer's comments from my first post about the Kowboys really shines thru here.

In the first hand there was no draw on the board. I was bet into by a passive player and knew I was beat. However in this hand because of the draws available it was tougher to determine if I was behind or not and much easier to see to the end with some optimism (spelling).

HavanaBanana
04-12-2004, 06:13 PM
StrongBadia is going down, leave the ship or sink with it.