PDA

View Full Version : KQs with top pair and OESD on flop

Tosh
03-28-2004, 10:59 AM
I have KQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. I limp after 3 limpers. Close to a raise but there seems to be lots of AK limping today and decided to take a cheap peak here.

Blinds come in and 6 see the flop.

It comes down J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

EP leads out, MP raises, CO reraises. I fold.

sthief09
03-28-2004, 11:32 AM
not limping because AK might be out seems like reverse thinking. you raise KQs because it holds up well in big fields and because your hand is a lot better than everyone else's. your reason for limping is because you don't believe it to be better than the other hands out, when the vast majority of the time it will be.

I don't think there's any question that you have to fold here. pretty much anyone else with a K would call you, and aside from your backdoor flush and runner-runner boat potential, you might not have any other outs. also, AK has you drawing to 3 outs

Tosh
03-28-2004, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not limping because AK might be out seems like reverse thinking. you raise KQs because it holds up well in big fields and because your hand is a lot better than everyone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh my AK argument was BS and I should raise this but I am just checking that this is a routine fold that I think it is.