PDA

View Full Version : AKs SB 3 callers

1800GAMBLER
03-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Soft $300 $1.5/$3 blinds full game.

8 limp to me in the SB with AKs i make it $24, 3 players call.

Flop:

K 9s 8s not of my suit.

I bet the pot.

Missed checkraise?

cornell2005
03-28-2004, 11:55 AM
im check raising more and more in this position, so i think so. the pot, number of people in the hands, and BB amount are just large enough to make this worthwhile IMO

Guy McSucker
03-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Depends on the stack sizes and the propensities of the players. I would not go for the check-raise with "ordinary" stacks for two reasons.

1) There is no reason to believe anyone will bet.

2) If the stacks are around the $300 mark, and if people are betting around the size of the pot, a check-raise will be all-in and give the draws 2-1 to see two cards. You have a better chance to charge draws by betting the flop, then betting all-in on the turn if called. And of course, if you're currently behind, this loses no more than check-raising all-in, and maybe you can even get away from a flop raise, if you know the player.

Guy.

turnipmonster
03-29-2004, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Missed checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would checkraise here, mainly for metagame reasons. I would checkraise a set here vs. this many players, so for balance I need to checkraise other hands as well.

if it goes check, check, bet, what do you think about calling and then pushing in on a blank turn?

--turnipmonster

1800GAMBLER
03-29-2004, 05:23 AM
No way can i let a card drop here, that would be awful.

In the hand i auto bet thinking with the size of the pot being +$100 i have no real need to milk my hand, yet since the pot is so big i couldn't imagine this getting checked through.

The Dude
03-29-2004, 08:12 AM
I like betting out as well. If the pot were smaller, then you'd like to see more money in the pot before pushing draws off it. But being the size it its, you certainly don't mind taking it down where it is... and even the chance of giving away a free card against 3 opponents makes me shudder.