PDA

View Full Version : ABC poker

citanul
03-28-2004, 02:56 AM
Maybe the best way to ask this question is as some sort of poll, but this is good enough, I hope.

Many posts say things like "it seems like playing ABC poker here will win," or "playing mechanical poker ...," which I'm assuming are pretty much the same thing.

My question is, what brand of poker is this ABC poker? Is this simply waiting around for the best hands and jamming them, and folding otherwise type basic poker (ie, no bluffing poker)? Is this WLLH poker? Is this somethings else?

I'm mostly curious because I generally see this re: 2/4 and 3/6 games, sometimes higher limits than those, and while I beat those, I'm just wondering if I should be looking elsewhere for more optimality/and or less thinking and therefore more tables.

Anyways, thanks,

citanul

Nick B.
03-28-2004, 03:16 AM
Yea you are right. It is basically just playing your own hand and not worrying about what other players have. Bet/Raise when you have the best hand, Check/Fold when you don't, and draw to straights/flushes when you have the odds.

thirddan
03-28-2004, 05:38 AM
i think mostly it is a strategy to beat low/micro limit games against weak opponents, basically playing "by the book" straight forward poker, bet with the goods and fold the rest...Some people call this auto-pilot when playing more than one table...

47outs
03-28-2004, 12:42 PM
My thoughts on ABC poker is playing only premium hands and pounding them until you get some significant resistance. When resistance occurs most likely lay it down or pay off if you are huge. However, if you are a winning player at 2/4 and 3/6, there isn't much point in exploring styles that may or may not work for you. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Cheers,
Outs

IlliniRyRy
04-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Yep, that's how I play. I don't pay much attention to the games actually. There's basically no point in ever bluffing anything because they just call it all.

warlockjd
04-22-2004, 03:18 AM
I think Lee Jones spells out how to play winning ABC poker in Low Limit Hold-Em