PDA

View Full Version : 3 hands from my first attempt at 5/10

Alobar
03-27-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm a little burnt out from playing 4 3/6 tables at once for hours a day, so I'm taking a small break. But I got the itch to play today so I figured I'd just sit at one 5/10 table and really concentrate. I figured I had a couple hundred I didn't mind losing (if it came to that) for the sake of some experience and something different

HAND 1

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font> (he just sat down 2 hands ago so I have no read), MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.70 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

I figured a check raise here would tell me more about his hand then betting into him, where it seems like people auto raise regardless. If he 3 bet I check/fold the turn unimproved

HAND 2

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font> (hes been pretty tight so far and when he does come in its usually for a raise, none of the hands have gone to showdown yet tho so I still don't know what hes been raising), MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (14.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.70 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

I'd seen 3 or 4 UTG raises get folded all the way around, and the blinds in this hand have been fairly tight so I decided to try the limp reraise

HAND 3

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls (the guy from hand 1, he's been playing pretty tight), UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font> (He hasn't been playing to many hands, but some of the hands he has played have been questionable), MP2 folds, MP3 calls (loose player and a calling station, also likes to bet things like bottom pair and gutshots), CO folds, Button calls (ABC player so far, faily tight, this is the first time hes cold called anything), <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

As always feel free to rip me apart as you see fit, all comments critisisms and beratings are welcomed

Homer
03-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Hand 1

I would open-raise AJo from UTG+2.

I would check-call the flop and turn and bet the river. All check-raising the flop does is cause a hand with 2 outs to fold (big pocket pair) or cause you to put more money in the pot with the worst hand.

Hand 2

I would three-bet the flop most of this time. Give your opponent a chance to either cap with his smaller overpair (then check-raise the turn) or flat call your three-bet and raise the turn.

Hand 3

Preflop, I might just semi-coldcall, given the description of your opponents.

I don't like the turn check. If your opponent doesn't have an Ace, he might check behind, but will call if you bet since he's a calling station. If he does have an Ace, he will raise your turn bet and you can three-bet, but if you check-raise he may not three-bet himself.

-- Homer