PDA

View Full Version : Turn play question

Manzanita
03-27-2004, 10:43 PM
This hand is from a live $10-20 game. UTG open-raises. It's folded to me in MP and I 3-bet with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif. Only UTG calls. UTG is a winning, aggressive player. He is a little loose preflop but usually makes up for it by playing well post-flop.

The flop comes J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet and UTG calls.

The turn is the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG bets out, I raise, UTG 3-bets, and I call.

The river is the 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG bets and I call.

Comments? I'm especially interested in feedback on my turn raise. I'll post the results a little later.

-- Manzanita

Clarkmeister
03-27-2004, 10:54 PM
"I'm especially interested in feedback on my turn raise."

The turn raise is routine. A better question is whether or not you should 4-bet.

Depends on which specific player it was 3-betting you, but most of them will have at least KQ there. Calling the 3-bet is probabaly best but there are some people in that game who you should 4-bet against. In short, I think you played the hand fine.

Manzanita
03-28-2004, 04:19 AM
The A /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the turn allowed both the flush and the straight draws to get there which is why I thought that this hand was interesting. But since it was heads-up play I thought that a raise was correct.

My opponent showed a KQ to take down the pot.

Thanks for your responses.

-- Manzanita

Garland
03-28-2004, 05:27 AM
Turn raise sounds reasonable since it looks like he could make two pair as well. I wouldn't be so fast as to put him on a flush, but perhaps a flush draw?

I like the turn raise. The rest of the play seems normal.

Garland