PDA

View Full Version : Showing your cards?

Leave_it_2_Beav
03-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Is it ever good strategy to show your cards?? If so when?? and y do people insist on showing AA when they lose to a better hand?

Cheers

_Beav

bernie
03-27-2004, 09:21 PM
I could answer this question, but it's classified. So, like my cards, you have to pay for the information.

b

Leave_it_2_Beav
03-27-2004, 09:28 PM
So in other words..never show them..

Webster
03-27-2004, 10:15 PM
I'll show then from time to time. The reason is I want to be a "nice" player. When a fish folds and is a good move I'll show him he was, infact, beat.

NOW - I have it in his head that when I do a certain thing I have a good hand. . . . which is not always true.

I NEVER show a bluff (which is a very rare occurance), I don't want people to be pissed.

BugsBunny
03-28-2004, 02:00 AM
I can see showing a bluff if, and only if, all of the following 3 conditions are met:

1) Showing the bluff to a player you just beat is likely to send him to tiltland. He has to be approaching the exit ramp already for this to be true.

2) The player you're sending to tiltland has enough money to make it worthwhile.

3) You realize that by showing the bluff you've comitted yourself to not bluffing again for the rest of that session. (barring an almost complete player turnover). And possibly for some near future sessions if you end up with the same player at the table again.

JTG51
03-28-2004, 04:32 AM
and y do people insist on showing AA when they lose to a better hand?

Because they think they deserve some sympathy when they lose with Aces.