PDA

View Full Version : Quads over Quads yet again

SpaceAce
03-27-2004, 08:05 PM
So, I just flopped Quads and lost. Again. This is the sixth time this has happened to me in the last six months or so (all online). I have never beaten anyone with Quads over Quads but I have lost this way plenty of times. I'd love to know the odds of two Quads in a single hand of Hold'Em but I'm too lazy to work it out. I suppose the important number would be the overall odds of getting Quads from hole cards to river, then it could just be multiplied to figure it for two people.

An uninteresting side note: every time I have lost to bigger Quads, I flopped them and my opponent turned (once) or rivered them (five times). I have yet to make worse Quads against someone else's flopped bigger Quads. I also have yet to make better Quads against someone's flopped Quads.

SpaceAce

jdl22
03-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I have fewer complaints than you for sure but I have only flopped quad aces, no other type. Seems positive but aces freak people out and two of them kills any and all action. Most I've won happened when a guy bluffed twice putting an extra .5 in per try.

Unfortunately I've never flopped, turned, or rivered quad aces when anyone had quads.

fluff
03-29-2004, 12:27 PM
My advice would be to play at a room that offers bad beat jackpots! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thats Interesting!
03-30-2004, 07:08 AM
I was dealt Pocket 8, three times just the other day. I flop quads once, and had runner runner quads twice. This happen all in one session, different table. How unlikely was that! But fortunately I won. Dont know about losing with quads. If it ever happens, I hope its in a place that has a monster JackPot waiting for me. Those losing quads could have landed you over $100K in your pocket by now! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif