PDA

View Full Version : You Push here?

Diplomatdcm
03-27-2004, 07:37 PM
I have ihave played about 1 lap in the party 200NL - I just started playing this norally I play the short game - i have about 190 in chips. I get Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP. UTG Limps EP2 Limps I make it 15 Folded back to UTG who call EP2 calls. Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG checks, EP2 checks, I bet the pot, 51, UTG check raises to 100, I push in my remaining 100 or so? Good, bad horrible? I had been playing very AGG so i thought it could be as Little as QJ.

SirArthur
03-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Being new to the table, and having no read on "UTG" I would lay this down after the CR. When I have no read, and push in, in a situation like this, I usually end up losing my stack. Before I make a call like this, I want some type of read on the player.
A check-raise by UTG in NL, is usually indicative of someone hitting their set, or hitting top two pair.
Your play screams as an overpair, and if UTG knows what he is doing at all, he surely has your overpair covered.

Then again, if the players are as soft as I hear on Party Poker, (I play Poker Stars) pushing in may not be so bad.

I'm curious about the outcome...

daryn
03-27-2004, 09:58 PM
surely you can't put UTG on the cinch hand, so what do you think he has, a set? it's likely i guess.. but he could also have a hand like J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif or maybe even as weak as A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif or something? not sure.. you have 4 outs to a straight that probably will be good. he just doubled your bet basically.. wierd. would he do that with a hand like 99? what kind of stack does he have?

Diplomatdcm
03-28-2004, 03:08 AM
Well as you might guess UTG did have TT and i lost the hand. I felt like it was an easy laydown, but i am not used to laydown an overpair, a major hole in big bet game. Thanks for the responces.