PDA

View Full Version : foxwoods?

curtains
03-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Any idea why Foxwoods is only paying 27 spots regardless of # of entrants? I know it may not seem like a big deal, but just that alone makes me not want to go play there. Is this normal for small-medium buyin live events?

GoSox
03-28-2004, 03:56 PM
It was an awful deal. I was about 75th of 1,100+ people in the NL. They claimed it was a WPT requirement that governed how far down they could pay, and top 27 is the max "allowed". Given that this tournament wasn't a WPT event though it didn't seem to make much sense.

They also allowed 100 alternates to not start the tournament at the beginning, but to fill seats as the first 100 were eliminated. It was a fun event, but it was chaos, and they should have cutoff.

Warren-PokerMD
03-28-2004, 07:08 PM
I think it's very important to start paying more players...There are many new faces at these events, especially NL and there experience is of far greater importance right now than just about any other factor. They are the future. TV opened the door, but new players are the messengers. Imagine a new player who makes the money at say 45 or 54 in this event. That's an opportunity for 27 more players to go home and tell their 8 or 9 buddies that they made the money @ Foxwoods in a major event. Where do you think those buddies will be in the near future...that's right, sitting next to you.
I respect the folks at Foxwoods a lot...not sure what this has to do with the WPT?
Warren

Myrtle
03-28-2004, 11:15 PM
I went out about 42 out of those 1200 or so entries.....Very tought beat...flopped top set....run down by flush....yawn....10 in the morning...scrunched in 12 to a table....out at around 10 at night....

Just got back from FW...dog tired....

The payout structure issue is very complicated....I have some info which I will post here in a few days that may shed some light on it...Right now, I'm just too damned tired..........

BradleyT
03-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Aren't they part of that new tournament directors thing that's talked about on the Cardplayer website?

ohkanada
03-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Congrats on the money finish in the Limit tourney and to outlast 1060 and not get any money is criminal!

Ken Poklitar

The Prince
03-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Hi,

Many, many players were disgusted with the number of payouts. Lots of complaints. Since we are all getting used to paying 1 player out of 10 like online sites do, it's harder to swallow.

I don't think taking 5-10k from the winner and paying 2-3 more tables would make a difference in the number of players attending. To the contrary, more players would be happy making the money.

I also don't know about the WPT thing since the Party Poker cruise just payed 90 players:

http://www.wptinsider.com/tour/eventsum.asp?xEventID=24

Heck, I'm not whinning since I made the money twice in 3 tournaments, but I sure was somewhat depressed at the beginning of the no-limit hold'em with 1100 players, knowing it would be a very very long day.

ohkanada
03-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Congrats on making the money. I saw your name in the Limit tourney. I will have to look again for your name a 2nd time.

Ken Poklitar

Goodie
03-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Are you the one that was sitting next to me in the Limit Hold em tourney at the beggining? I put a binions horseshoe chip on my cards and got beat with QQ against 99 when he flopped a set.

If so, I'm sorry to hear you went out 42nd on friday, I was hoping to see your picture when I checked the results on foxwoods.com.

By the way, what the hell was that when that old guy called your all in with KQ of diamonds on a J 6 2 flop with three spades? I was very surprised with the calliber of play even when it got down to 150 players. I mean, I saw some seriously questionable play. I guess that's what you get with 1100 people in the tourney. I just wish these guys were at my starting table.

Nice job in both tourney's. The foxwoods policy of only paying 27 is ridiculous and you should have had a good payday in both.

Peace

Goodie

The Prince
03-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks Ken,

I finished 18th in the 300 limit and 11th in the 500 limit.

Wish I could have done better but considering, I'm happy with with play.

ohkanada
03-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Very nice.

I am off to RI on Sunday. One of these years we will both be at Foxwoods at the same time.

Ken Poklitar

Myrtle
03-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Damn, Ken....

Am I gonna miss you again!?

I won a seat in the $2500 Saturday night....It starts Friday morning....Greg will be there also....

Any chance you can get to RI early so we can meet?

I'll be posting a NEPC trip report shortly...gotta find the time to write it.

ohkanada
03-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Timing is everything. Unfortunately my timing is bad right now. I was hoping to come these past 2 weeks so I could play some of the tournies, but it didn't work out.

I arrive Sunday evening and will be around for about 2 weeks. It appears the Tuesday tourney is on the 13th so it appears I will be playing a bunch of live play.

Ken Poklitar