PDA

View Full Version : This can't be smart. . .

tdomeski
03-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Playing Stars 1/2 NL full table

in BB with $244.55 in chips dealt 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Not a great starting hand but as you will find out that really didn't matter.

Folded to SB who has $313.10 in chips
No real great read on him but he seems pretty decent

He raises to $2 to make it $4 to go.
My thoughts were that this was screaming steal since most of his raises all day had been to $5 or $6. Or this meant he had a monster and wanted some action /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hence, I pop it back $12 and make it $16 to go
SB calls

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Well this flop was definitely no good for KK or QQ and maybe I can scare him off of his A-Q or A-J

SB checks
I bet $30
SB calls

This can't be good.

Turn is the K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Okay KK is now a great hand, A-K is great, the clubs got there. . .

SB checks
I bet $50
SB calls

Time to go home on this one. . .Don't think there is any card in the deck that can help until. . .

River of dreams. . J /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks

I think that card hurt, real bad, b/c I don't see him holding a Q or a 10 so I don't think he has a club.

I fire out the 4th and final barrel of $100

SB thinks
and thinks
and thinks
and thinks
and thinks so more

then folds.

I rake $189 from the pot and show my 8-4 off and bolt. . . .

Now how dumb was this play?

jakeoneil
03-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Well, you put 14 on the line originally to win 4... this was dumb, let it go. But since you seem to really want to play this hand... maybe 8-4o has some significance, you tried to steal a pretty good sized pot on the flop... then it didnt work, so you tried again on the turn, again, doesnt work. But you do get pretty lucky on the river, to make any hand w/o a club garbage, but i think it was ballsy, but man, you crazy. Good hand.

1800GAMBLER
03-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Just fold preflop, folding these hands gives you more chance of winning next time and if you don't fold this preflop you wont fold anything against a steal which is just bad. Defend with less than 1/3 of your hands here.