PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't help myself......

slavic
03-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Great 20/40 game, great game, amazing game.

Loose weak player open limps in MP. This confirms that he recieved his two cards and one of them isn't an ace, an even worse player who is "bored" limps to my right and here I am on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Yea it's trash but I can't pass on this one and call. Decent player who is passivly tilting 6 racks away in the SB calls, and the BB checks (straight forward but she often bets her hand without thinking about the board). None of these players are "aware" other than noticing big bet raises.

Flop 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets, MP raises, the CO folds, and I 3 bet, SB calls 3 cold, BB calls, and the MP calls

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checks to me, Bet or take the free card?

balkii
03-27-2004, 03:15 PM
If your hand didnt have any showdown value I think I would take the free card. But it does, so I'd bet and check through on the river.

You have a ton of outs, so I dont think it matters so much whether you 'charge' yourself for this card if you are behind, and even if you get check-raised its not a disaster.

Barry
03-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Well if you assume that another 8 is no good for your hand and all your str8 and flush outs are good you have 12 outs and 4 opponents.

You're less than a 3:1 dog to make your hand and given the flop action, it looks like no one is going away for 1 bet on the turn. So you could argue that you have a value bet here. However, the SB's cold call is very scary. He may have flopped a set and is setting you up for a checkraise.

I think that I would check.

MarkD
03-27-2004, 05:05 PM
If you are unsure of how to play the turn when you get what can only be considered a great card for your hand what was your intent with the flop 3-bet?

The 4 of diamonds improves your hand much more than it likely improves any of your opponents hands. This is an easy bet.