PDA

View Full Version : jimbo is back

Ray Zee
03-27-2004, 02:11 PM
i saw a post on the internet forum by jimbo. he is back. life is good again.

scalf
03-27-2004, 03:04 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif but where the hell is spm??

anyone found the body yet?

gl /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

GWB
03-27-2004, 06:05 PM
I hope this won't be one of those GrannieMae things again.

I was talking to Ghost-Of-Jimbo just the other day......

Jimbo
03-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Howdy Ray (and all),

Thanks for the "welcome back". Dunno how much I'll be posting but I'll lurk regularly so please no smart aleck remarks from Cyrus. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

PS: I started to post in the PETA thread (one of my favorite organizations to hate) but decided it had gone far enough without my help. BTW, I eat lots of dead animals and would kill them if no one else did! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Clarkmeister
03-27-2004, 08:53 PM
That's funny, I always assumed Jimbo and Wake Up Call were one and the same.

andyfox
03-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Good to have you back.

And, apparently, unbelievably, we agree on dead animals.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope all is well with you.

Andy

Phat Mack
03-28-2004, 11:11 AM
Welcome back, Jimbo. I hope things are going OK for you. As soon as I find a stake horse, I'll take 12-4 and the breaks. Ray has a high opinion of stake horses, maybe I'll give him a call,

Ray Zee
03-28-2004, 07:34 PM
at that game yes. otherwise i will only stake you to an ant hill.

Zeno
03-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Jimbo?

Who's Jimbo?

Is this the same Jimbo that writes for that rag called 'The intelligent Gambler' that shows up in my mailbox at wonderfully odd times of the year?

Does he know anything about poker?

Does he play pool and billiards? What's the difference.

Welcome back - whoever you are. Or is that whomever you are. Objective case pronoun. Where's John Cole when he is needed. Off reading a book or watching some obscure movie with an unpronounceable title, no doubt.

When there is no doubt, there is no doubt.

-Robert Deniro. In some friggin movie, no doubt.

-Zeno

scrub
03-29-2004, 02:13 PM
In Ronin, an extremely underrated action movie directed by the guy who did the French Connection. One of the best put together action films of the past 10 years.

scrub

BruceZ
03-29-2004, 03:36 PM
OOOOHRAAAAH!!! WB buddy.

andyfox
03-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Ronin was directed by John Frankenheimer. I don't think he did The French Connection. Didn't like Ronin much, although the action sequences were superb. Jean Reno was excellent in it.

HDPM
03-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Jimbo could easily give me 12-4 and the break and win. Since I've played like 5 games of one pocket ever. I think I need at least the 3 out and the breaks for Ray's money. That is a pretty close game I think. I wouldn't play Jimbo on my own money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub
03-29-2004, 09:58 PM
John Frankenheimer on IMDB. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001239/)

Surprisingly, he did direct it. That's why the car chases are so good--he's obsessive about them, and hired a bunch of F1 drivers to do all the stunt-driving.

Jean Reno is one of those actors who can make me like a movie I didn't expect to enjoy.

scrub

scrub
03-30-2004, 07:12 AM
My bad--he directed the sequel.

scrub

andyfox
03-30-2004, 02:12 PM
The Manchurian Candidate is a real treat, as is the Birdman of Alcatraz. If you've never seen The Manchurian Candidate, it's worth renting. A classic.

Zeno
03-30-2004, 06:16 PM
'A Classic"

"There are 57 communists." Best line Angela Lansbury ever uttered (has she stares at a bottle of Heinz 57 sauce). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Zeno

HDPM
03-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Yes, a classic. The kiss was unbelievable. So disgusting and conveyed so much in one shot. Amazing.

I will make it worth anyone's while who can get me a queen of diamonds autographed by John McCain. It doesn't have to be a Kem and a kem might wipe off too easily. But a standard queen /images/graemlins/diamond.gif autographed would be nice. The only political autograph I want actually. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Note to the Ashcroft minions monitoring: Nothing in the post should be construed to be demeaning in any way to a fine hero in my own political party.

Jimbo
03-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Sheesh, Ray is kind enough to start a thread about me in my old favorite forum and next thing you know it is all about classic movies and kissing Yuch!!!!!!!

Anyway I couldn't give a blind man a game on the wire in a race to 100 these days. However I will be back in form soon. Gotta practice, practice, practice.

Out,

Jimbo

MMMMMM
04-05-2004, 03:17 AM
!

Vehn
05-22-2004, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's funny, I always assumed Jimbo and Wake Up Call were one and the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man did I miss the boat the 1st time around. Just today after Jimbo flamed me in the internet forum I thought to myself "HEY wait a second here...". If I actually, like, read this thread the first time around it would have certainly saved me some confusion.

Jimbo
05-22-2004, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I actually, like, read this thread the first time around it would have certainly saved me some confusion.

[/ QUOTE ] Not really. What it means is that you and Clark are both confused.

Jimbo