PDA

View Full Version : Flopped the nuts, cap the flop or check-raise the turn?

TBone
03-27-2004, 01:38 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 3-bets, CO calls, Button folds, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

I'm thinking calling the 3-bet and check-raising the turn might have been a better option.

Turn: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Anyone make a bet on the river? I'm thinking with all of the cold calling on the flop, someone must have had spades.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Jaran
03-27-2004, 01:45 PM
I would play it the same, including the check on the river. Then, I would berate myself for the weak check, bet the river the next time, and get raised /images/graemlins/grin.gif But I think you have a value bet here.

-Jaran

Alobar
03-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Your hand is pretty vunerable, I prolly go for the check raise on the turn depending on what card comes off.

Bet the river

DonWaade
03-27-2004, 01:51 PM
IMO call the flop and c/r the turn. As for the river, you still have to make the value bet here. And if you don't think so, just look at how it was checked around for free on the river.