PDA

View Full Version : good turn fold or was it?

Noodles
03-27-2004, 11:26 AM
PPoker 2/4 fairly loose but tight table
I am in CO with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 ep limpers to me i 2 bet,button and sb and eps call

Flop [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
checked to me i bet,button,sb and EP1 call

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Sb bets, now this player is extremely tight and i have not seen him bet without having something good,often check/calls TPTK on the flop or turn.
EP1 calls,I fold,button calls...

Ok to fold with a player like this and also a possible flush out there?
My other question is ,if it was checked to me i would have to bet right? and then fold if CR'ed?

crockpot
03-27-2004, 11:37 AM
i think this fold is reasonable. even if you are ahead, a ton of bad cards can come on the river, like any club, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, T, Q or K. definitely bet if it is checked to you on the turn, and be prepared to fold to a check-raise since you are probably drawing dead.

Noodles
03-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I suppose this shows the importance of reading and paying attention to others players,
If i had no read,wouldnt i have to call?

crockpot
03-27-2004, 11:44 AM
with no read whatsoever, you have to call because the pot is pretty big. but i would still fold if it was raised behind me, or if a really ugly card rivered and SB bet again.

anatta
03-27-2004, 12:53 PM
It is unlikely your non-tricky opponent is betting into you without the flush, due to the fact that he is non-tricky and you have two other opponents, making moves less likely. This is why you paid attention to the game, as saw that the SB is str8 forward, so you can ACT ON YOUR READ OF HIM.

Players do get tricky with the flush card appearing on board, so if you have a tricky opponent betting out like this, strongly consider calling him down, especially if he almost always would have bet his flush draw on the flop if he had one.

Nottom
03-27-2004, 01:11 PM
If you are sure he wouldn't bet here with something like A /images/graemlins/club.gif+ a pair and will only bet a made hand then sure go with your read.