PDA

View Full Version : (Semi)Interesting blind steal hand

04-10-2002, 02:13 AM
Alright, semi-interesting means "look at my elite suckout".

PP LL. Folded to me in the cutoff, I open raise with QcJh. Button and BB fold, SB calls.

Flop: Kc 9h 6c, giving me a gutshot and a backdoor 2nd nut flush draw.

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Turn: 7c [Kc 9h 6c]

SB checks, I bet, now SB checkraises. Wild horses couldn't drag me away from this hand now, I call.

River: Th [7c Kc 9h 6c]

SB bets. Now what? Results down.

I raise of course. He calls and my hand is good. HH puts him on AsKd!! Geez did he f that one up. By the turn I'm committed to seeing the river.. he either 3 bets preflop or checkraises the flop and I'm gone. Comments?

04-10-2002, 02:36 AM
Once you've seen this flop, you shouldn't be folding in a heads-up pot at any point. A fold would have been a very poor play on your part.

04-10-2002, 10:04 AM
Your unconventional play does have its benefits! QJo raise...well I think that's a big risk. I'm sure you showed down some other riskier hands and inspired this play! I'm guessing the SB wanted to string you along for the "kill" on the river. Ha, ha. He wants to get even rather than winning the pot, or even winning money.

Luckily there's more of these players who like to get even, rather than making money!

04-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Heh QJo is at the very bottom of the food chain of blind stealing hands for me. I normally don't even bother there - but its most likely much better than any 2 blind hands, and people over-defend their blinds WAY too much on paradise LL. I'm not innocent of that myself but I'll fork them over much more than the average player there. Hell - in the 2 weeks or so since I got pokerstat I've played 3500 hands; thats over $500 in posted blinds, all at 1/2. What's funny is you destroy someone when they defend their blind once, or vice versa against a would-be stealer, and your blinds are safe for the rest of the session and people will fork over theirs without a fight.

Here's a funny (*cough* embaressing) blind hand from yesterday. I'm to the left of an unsophisticated player. Folded to him in the SB and he raises. I defend with QTo. Flop is Q high and its capped. He check calls me on the turn and I wisely check the river behind him. He had KK..