PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Tide +8.5?

mikelow
03-26-2004, 09:30 PM
On the surface, this looks like another mismatch. But a closer look suggests a close game, possibly an upset.

Alabama has knocked off S. Illinois, Stanford and Syracuse.
UConn has beaten Vermont, DePaul and Vanderbilt.
The Tide have played tougher competition so far in this tournament. Having said that, I'm concerned about a talent gap and if they have an answer for Okafor.

But 8.5 is a lot to give to an Alabama team with a lot of confidence. And that's the way I'm leaning. Comments?

Wildbill
03-27-2004, 02:32 AM
Same thing as I said with Duke. You are betting against a strong team, excellent coach, and a squad that can taste the Final 4. Don't bet teams at this point thinking the points are too generous. If you don't see at least a good chance of an outright win, you probably shouldn't be backing them here when the big prize is so close. And UConn is damn good too, they dominated a pretty good Vandy team and they look like the dominant number one team that was expected when the season started. Hard to bet against that at this junction.

scalf
03-27-2004, 09:36 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif i got uconn -8.5/ok st -2 parlayed...

also u conn -8.5 big str8 bet...

ala plays for real money tonite..huskies win big..

gl as for st joes..thet'll hafta shoot better..and cowboys have passing lane def to get turnovers; which will become quick points...g over also

jmho..gl /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

mikelow
03-28-2004, 01:38 AM
I actually decided to bet the Huskies after much hemming and hawing. I thought Okafor would be too much and he was--in the first half.

Then he left the game (his NBA draft position is dropping with each injury) and I had to sweat it a bit.

Like Kansas now that the number has dropped back down to 4.5. Bill Self is finally getting his team to play his way,
and I think Georgia Tech's somewhat lucky run will end.

AJo Go All In
03-28-2004, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and I think Georgia Tech's somewhat lucky run will end.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, i'm no sports expert, but this seems like a pretty silly thing to say. you are aware that they lost their best player and leading scorer, right? now, was that lucky, or unlucky?

MHoydilla
03-28-2004, 07:50 AM
Ok I agree with Mikelow that GTech has been lucky, as all three of there games were within 4pts (2 in atleast 2games) with 4min or less left in the 2nd half, and to win 3 of these in a row is lucky. I like Kansas and I likem big in this spot. Elder has a high ankle sprain and is questionable to play and even if he does he wont be 100%. Kansas is peaking right now and GTech been have a rough time winning but nail biters. If Elder was 100% I think Kansas should be 3.5pt fav. and now you get GTech best player and court leader injured at be and only have to lay 4.5 steal, maybe the steal of the tourny. Ok its early enough that those who disagree have plenty of time to tell why, I look foward to reading the responses.

AJo Go All In
03-28-2004, 06:48 PM
oops

easypete
03-29-2004, 01:23 PM
From a Kansas STATE grad living in Atlanta, I would just like to say thanks to tech for spanking the Jayhawks.

Rock Chaulk Chickin Hawk F*** KU!!!!