PDA

View Full Version : Damn, Aces again.

BigEndian
03-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Not much raising PF, very loose post flop if anyone has part of the board but noone playing absolute garbage. Also, noone here is writing a book on tricky play.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: BigEndian is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds.

On the flop, I felt like UTG had touched the board and my plan is to CR the turn regardless of what lands.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BigEndian checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>...

How'd I do?

Two things: If I'm 3-bet on the turn, I fold. If I'm raised on the river, I fold.

- Jim

jrobb83
03-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Well done on all streets. I wouldn't always autofold the a river raise, though. UTG may have something like T9s, or may be getting tricky after the flush card hit. You're getting 11.5-1 from the pot and I think you're good here enough times to call a river raise from a random party opponent.

J.R.
03-26-2004, 08:04 PM
I hate the turn check absent a read UTG is aggressive and/or will take a shot when checked to headsup. Given his turn bet (no free card), I would bet the river as well.

I'd have a tough time folding on the river, and really despise folding to a turn 3-bet, as you are only behind a set or an unlikely 3.

BigEndian
03-27-2004, 02:33 AM
I would fold to a turn 3-bet because of the nature of the opponents and because a 3-bet from a vanilla opponent pretty much means I'm done.

- Jim