PDA

View Full Version : NL hand Question - Wrong Decision?

Hirez
03-26-2004, 06:24 PM
playing .25/.50 NL 10 person
Me ($72)
UTG ($62)
UTG+1 ($12)
Rest I forget

I'm on the Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, UTG +1 raises to $5. UTG+1 calls, I call.

Flop comes A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG Raises to $15, UTG+1 calls for all in. I think long, and fold. I'm thinking he has AA or KK due to him being extremely tight most of the game

Turn is an Ace /images/graemlins/club.gif, River 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Js Jd (Two Pair Jacks and Aces).
UTG+1 mucked
</font>

Was it stupid folding? I know if he reraised when the Ace hit on the turn, I would have an even harder time making this call, the flush is out, but now i can even lose to AK.

Hirez
03-27-2004, 09:39 PM
bump /images/graemlins/frown.gif

luckycharms
03-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Ok, if you ask me, your preflop call is bordering insanity. 66 is DEFINITELY a hand that draws to a set to win. Therefore, it falls under the rule of 5 and 10. It was over 10% of your stack, indicating an automatic fold.

How could you think you're the favorite preflop to someone who raises 10BB? This is the kinda flop that coulda easily lost you your stack.

beerbandit
03-27-2004, 09:47 PM
After that preflop call and then you make your set you should probably pay him off; unless your read was that good.

1800GAMBLER
03-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Fold preflop, Open IE, enter www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com), buy Theory of Poker, buy Super System and Ciaffone, read, go back to playing.

No offence intended, if you do this you'll owe me $1k in 3 months (50% of your earnings).