PDA

View Full Version : Tried to bump me off...

bernie
03-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Mucks 10-20

The sb in this hand would jam a draw on the flop. He likes to wait for the turn with top pair/sometimes 2 pair. Probably with a set too, though i havent seen him play a set in awhile.

I raise with AA from EP2, 5 see the flop

Flop K 5 4 (2 tone).

checked to me, i bet, 2 callers.

Turn 3 (no flush)

Sb checks, i bet, 1 call, sb raises, i 3 bet, caller folds, sb caps. hmmm. i thinks i need to catch something to win here.

River 2 (no flush)

sb bets, i raise, he 3 bets confidently, i call.

Any guesses?

b

bernie
03-27-2004, 04:12 PM
sb dragged it with 66.

b

JTG51
03-27-2004, 04:27 PM
It should be painfully obvious to him that you have an Ace when you raise the river, so if he's even slightly competent he should have at least one 6 in his hand.

bernie
03-27-2004, 05:41 PM
i knew he had a 6 on the river. But i also knew he didnt have 76. Even with him capping the turn. I was too curious about his kicker not to call. I mainly wanted to see what he capped the turn with.

On the turn, i thought maybe a set and once i hit my str8, it was good. Until he 3 bet me.

Funny side note:

The guy to my immediate right was all in a huff over this hand. Not about the guys play, per se, but because if he had played like that, he'd have missed. He was openly amazed/disgusted how the guy made his hand. Aiming his comments to me, empathizing. I just smiled and said i was playing with Kreskin and that i had no business in that hand.

Then the sb, after many on the table were commenting about it, started to explain why he played the way he did. He was on the opposite end of the table so it was in soft tones so i didnt pick it all up, but i heard enough. It reminded me of a post clark had long, long ago about the thought process of fish. How they put you on AK preflop. Then a K hits so they talk themselves into you having AQ, etc...

It was pretty humorous.

b