PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start to the weekend

tdomeski
03-26-2004, 02:36 PM
*********** # 3 **************
PokerStars Game #354862774: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2004/03/26 - 13:27:30 (ET)
Table 'Kitalpha' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: villian ($100 in chips)
Seat 2: tdomeski ($155.45 in chips)
Seat 3: XXXXX ($23.05 in chips)
Seat 4: XXXXX ($62 in chips)
Seat 5: XXXXX ($113.60 in chips)
Seat 6: XXXXX ($191.10 in chips)
Seat 7: XXXXX ($139.30 in chips)
Seat 8: XXXXX ($88.55 in chips)
Seat 9: XXXXX ($48.90 in chips)
XXXXX: posts small blind $0.50
XXXXX: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tdomeski [As Ac]
XXXXX: folds
villian: raises $5 to $6
tdomeski: raises $6 to $12
villian: raises $18 to $30
tdomeski: raises $125.45 to $155.45 and is all-in
villian: calls $70 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [Kd 3h Jc]
*** TURN *** [Kd 3h Jc] [9h]
*** RIVER *** [Kd 3h Jc 9h] [4s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
villian: shows [Kh Kc] (three of a kind, Kings)
tdomeski: shows [As Ac] (a pair of Aces)
villian collected $198.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $201.50 | Rake $3
Board [Kd 3h Jc 9h 4s]
Seat 1: villian showed [Kh Kc] and won ($198.50) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 2: tdomeski showed [As Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces

Huskiez
03-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Don't worry. You won fundamentally. Just say nh and move on.

Though I wonder, would you have played it differently if you were dealt the KK? Personally, I think I'd play it the same as villain, cept maybe reraise even more. My money would be going in on the KK.

Absolution
03-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Really? What hands will people reraise all in with other than KK and AA? Not many I think. I'd at least consider folding if I were villain after the all-in raise.

ML4L
03-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey t,

Obviously, there's no way to get away from this hand. But, in the future, reraise more with your aces. Assuming that you can't get away from the hand on a non-descript flop, you're giving your opponent the implied odds to call correctly with smaller pocket pairs.

ML4L

tdomeski
03-26-2004, 03:30 PM
I was trying to induce a reraise from the villian. So callers in between didn't really worry me.

Ulysses
03-26-2004, 03:33 PM
villian: raises $5 to $6
tdomeski: raises $6 to $12

With that small raise, next time you play this hand he'll have 3s instead of Kings, just call, and bust you again.

Of course, if you know this guy will only open for a raise w/ a big hand and you very surely expect him to re-raise your small raise, then I love the raise and think you played it to perfection, inducing the reraise and getting all the money in pre-flop.

Ulysses
03-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Looks like we were posting at the same time. I like it.

turnipmonster
03-26-2004, 04:17 PM
bwahahahahahahahahaha. I used to think the same thing before I played online NL. once I pushed in with AA preflop, and got called by
A4, JT, 56 all at once. I tripled through. good times.

--turnipmonster

Absolution
03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Yes, I know how maniac they can be. I suppose the small reraise before the all-in also baited the guy. If I saw that, I'd have to wonder about him having AA (looks more like a pissing match than a real hand - how dare you reraise me). In that way I suppose it was a nice move to get him to go all-in with a worse hand.

Huskiez
03-26-2004, 05:51 PM
I have seen people reraise all in with pocket pairs or AK or even weaker non pair hands. I can't imagine folding KK preflop, probably a leak in my game.

A min reraise usually screams either weak hand or AA, and with KK I usually tell myself it's a weak hand.

illmatic
03-26-2004, 06:07 PM
you made a nice play in baiting him and he fell right into your trap. too bad he outdrew you, it was a nice move.

it's a huge re-raise for his significant stack (at these levels) so he has to put you on AA. sometimes to induce a call against a tightie you can "think" a long time and then type "I have QQ" and push all in. I think a confused person with KK generally calls.

later.
illmatic

P.S. This is my new favorite website: Official Rock Paper Scissors Strategy Guide (http://www.worldrps.com/)

Matt Flynn
03-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Nothing personal, but please use a hand sanitizer before posting.
Matt

ML4L
03-26-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, if you know this guy will only open for a raise w/ a big hand and you very surely expect him to re-raise your small raise, then I love the raise and think you played it to perfection, inducing the reraise and getting all the money in pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ulysses,

What percentage of players at the 1/2 Party game only open-raise with big hands? If the guy is a raving lunatic who is sure to go all-in over the top with A3, then I like it too. But he didn't mention any read on the player. Not to mention the fact that the only time that it is truly beneficial to "induce the reraise" would be when all the money wasn't going to get in preflop anyway.

Although you do raise a good point, you had it right with the first part of your post...

ML4L

tdomeski
03-26-2004, 07:18 PM
I usually do but I was in a hurry and did my best to remove the names of all the players. . .Do you have a hand converter for PokerStars ring games? Because I am yet to find one, thanks.

Ulysses
03-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Boy you kids are lazy these days. Somehow, back in the day, we managed to post easy to read descriptions of hands before all these new-fangled hand converters. In fact, when you play live, you don't even get hand histories and you have to remember stuff. Truly incredible!

Ulysses
03-26-2004, 07:32 PM
I agree. If he "knows" this guy will reraise, it's reasonable to want some dead money in the middle. But that's counting on a really strong read and very specific player knowledge. And, yes, the more common outcome to this story is that the guy gets to see the flop w/ some speculative hand and you either make a little or lose a lot.