PDA

View Full Version : party 15/30: this time i cold-called preflop with aces...

astroglide
03-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.33 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 15.33 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 9h 2d (two pair, nines and sevens).
MP2 shows Td Tc (two pair, tens and sevens).
Hero shows Ah Ac (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.33 BB. </font>

dansalmo
03-26-2004, 01:38 PM
I have not looked at the results yet but I am not sure about the bet on the end. I liked the play on all other streets though, particularly if you were reasonably sure that one or both of the blinds would fold. Otherwise, you should have 3 bet it.

Now I see the results. Looks like the river bet worked out for you this time. I like it when I can make value bets like this that pay off, but I have be certain I am against week players like this. Particularly BB. I do not do it as a rule, even with AA, with a third player doing all that cold calling. If it were heads up against the original rasier, then a bet on on the end is mandatory.

arkady
03-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Seems like that call enticed the BB to stay, worked out quite nicely.

Nightwish
03-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Nice pot! I put the BB on a spade draw, but it turns out that he's a complete moron.

How often do you cold call with AA in this position?

astroglide
03-26-2004, 02:19 PM
most of the time unless i know the people behind me to be extremely loose

astroglide
03-26-2004, 02:20 PM
if the guy in front bet again, i would have raised the river and even capped it if the blind folded and the guy in front 3bet. i do my best to not fear callers.