PDA

View Full Version : 2 Party poker $25 PL hands...and LIFE-CHANGING INFO!

Ben
03-26-2004, 12:42 PM
...or maybe just the first part.

Played a little $25PL on PP last night, two hands that I wanted some input on:

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed)

MP1 ($16.20)
MP2 ($126.21)
Hero ($34.50)
Button ($78.10)
SB ($34.65)
BB ($6)
UTG ($25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2.75, Button raises to $10, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14.50
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $7.25, won by Button.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $7.25, overbet by Button.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Button wins $14.50. </font>

**No read on the button at this point, although I later realized he was good. He also sat at our five-man table willingly, a sign that should have had me watching him closer I think.

Second:

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed)

MP2 ($163.71)
Hero ($49.95)
Button ($63.40)
SB ($24.85)
BB ($13.50)
UTG ($11.15)
MP1 ($45.38)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, Button folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50, UTG folds, MP2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets $3, BB calls $3, MP2 folds, Hero calls $3.

I think this was my first big mistake. I now think I should have doubled his bet or folded. Agree/disagree?

Turn: ($17.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls $5, BB calls $5.

Semi-bluff. I was hoping the SB was trying to buy the pot before and saw the checks as weakness. Probably should have bet more for a steal, right?

River: ($32.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets $14.85 (All-In), BB folds, Hero folds.

Blah. I hate my play in this hand.

Final Pot: $47.35
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $32.50, won by SB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $14.85, overbet by SB.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB doesn't show.
Outcome: SB wins $47.35. </font>

I'm amazed how poorly full-ring players play when it gets SH. Our 10-man table dropped to 5 and I started walking all over these guys who were still playing the same % of hands and loved folding to PF raises. I more than doubled up during this time. The table was amazing for about 30 minutes, but then a few good players showed up. I gave a litte back before I realized the new table texture and left. Next time I'll try to make the adjustment faster.

-Ben

Guy McSucker
03-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Ummm.... you like folding, eh?

I don't understand your play in either hand. With the QQ, why are you folding so readily to one reraise? Don't people put in the second raise with less than AA or KK in these games?

With the AQ, it really looks like you're winning on the flop. A weak bet from the SB with a mild mannered call in between. You've got no reason to suspect you're not ahead. Raise the pot. If you get reraised, you're entitled to believe you're behind. If you get called, you probably need to put the rest in on the turn. There are lots of draws available here.

Okay so you didn't raise the flop. Now they check to you. It still looks like you're winning. Bet the pot.

Okay, so you didn't bet the pot. and now the SB comes out firing. He might have been trapping - doesn't look like it to me, though - he might just have outdrawn you, or he might have decided that all this weak betting signifies weak hands/weak players and be bluffing. Anyway, I don't know what to do in this situation because I've never been in this situation. You need to bet more readily.

Guy.